ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Laronk Augur

seems to be bugged where its a total of 10 shades or dogs and 25 skeletons. its beatable but it takes for ever.
  2. Windance Augur

How the [blank] do you keep going that long past the enrage timer? Wouldn't everyone end up getting chill 8 and dying off?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  3. Laronk Augur

You just keep rezzing, even after the enrage timer the hallways tick down so some people got to die more than others. It started getting pretty dicy
  4. enclee Augur

I think this would be worth posting in the bug forum.
  5. Folkken New Member

Best event ever.
  6. Cailen Augur

it's beatable but it's mearatas 2.0 at the very very very least the enrage timer needs increased because it is not beatable prior to enrage
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yep, we beat all TOFS raids tonight.. TOFS 1 sucked stinky dirty sweat crusted donkey balls.
  8. MrDudeGuy New Member

If you can beat it, post your wins kids!

Also, stop crying about how easy ToV is unless you have beaten this raid in its current incarnation. I know for a fact that many of you gave up on this raid tonight because it was too hard!
  9. Maedhros High King

Can we get a new tab on Elite gamers lounge?
    [Sun Apr 19 22:15:42 2020] The Heart of Frozen Shadow shatters into inky fragments! As the rhythmic pulsing ceases, an uneasy silence falls over the first floor of the tower.
    That was by far the most insane thing we've had to beat in game since Mearatas. Thanks Prathun!
  10. Robnie Augur

It was long.

Not hard. It's an annoying slog that I'm not at all looking forward to dealing with.

/GU Heart of Frozen Shadow in 93s, 498.4m @5358915

longest heart burn ever

[Sun Apr 19 20:08:15 2020] The Heart of Frozen Shadow shatters into inky fragments! As the rhythmic pulsing ceases, an uneasy silence falls over the first floor of the tower.
    Proximoe and MrDudeGuy like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Will not see it until tomorrow, but from others comments it sounds perfectly beatable.

Although making the most annoying raid in the expansion MORE annoying I'm not a fan of.
    MrDudeGuy and Robnie like this.
  12. Leex Pewpewer

You keep attempting to draw parallels to Mearatas. ToV has nothing comparable.

Congratulations on your win though!
    Robnie and Sancus like this.
  13. DaciksBB Augur

This raid would need backstabbing specters that spawn when someone freezes to death. Now THAT would be like Mearatas.
  14. Marton Augur

Don't give them any ideas :p.
    Elyssanda and DaciksBB like this.
  15. svann Augur

Sitting around waiting for respawns is not challenging.
    Remien likes this.
  16. feeltheburn Augur

said no one ever
    Folkken likes this.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

I love this event. BTW that's sarcasm! As a cleric I was able to ruin this event last night for my guild by hitting TU on a non-restless mob. That one lousy action made it so that we couldn't win the event by the normal mechanics. I accept I was an idiot but it's pretty harsh punishment.
  18. Laronk Augur

watching someones stream it looked like there might not be a limit to the number of skeletons that count so killing a wrong one might not be a fail but rather just more waiting on spawns.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yep
  20. Triconix Augur

This event is a complete waste of time. It's laughably bad. We won it, but it took forever and it just became a death fest by the end.

You're allowed to kill again what you fail in order to get back to where you were. IE if you kill a drolvarg you can kill a restless drolvarg. At first I thought you could kill any to get back to where you were, but someone else picked up on the little niche to it.
    Elyssanda likes this.