Today's patch ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Angahran Augur

No patch notes yet and last Test server patch was to bring the Test server up to the Live server code.

So, what's being patched to Live today and why was it not patched to the Test server first ?
  2. moogs Augur

klanderso likes this.
  3. smash Augur

Do not thin there any. Think the message about patch is some copy paste, since it mention it is maintance.
  4. Angahran Augur

The need to make up their minds :p

5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

6. Baldur Augur

- You can no longer attempt (and fail) to purchase more than 3 additional character slots in the Marketplace.
    - Fixed an issue where characters who camped in guild halls would be kicked to Sunrise Hills upon login.

There's no way they brought the servers down for just that is there? This couldn't have waited a few weeks for the December patch?

There must be some hidden exploit they fixed that they didn't put in the notes?
  7. S33k3r Augur

I hope this will stop the boot to Sunrise Hills when you zone into guild hall & not just upon login.
    Angahran and klanderso like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unless I'm remembering wrong, 2nd Wednesday is patch day, and 4th Wednesday is maintenance day. So, not unexpected that servers are down this morning, and not too surprising they snuck in a couple small fixes.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If there was, they'll never put it in the notes. They never have, never will.
  10. Loop-da-loop New Member

This line of text update was actually in the game last night before servers down as I tried to buy a doll of character and was unable to on one account ( forgot about the limit ).

Hardly 4 hours worth of downtime to add something already in the game.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A number of people were unable to enter the Neighborhood Guild Hall last night. That's pretty important.
    Yinla, Vizier and klanderso like this.
  12. Aftahmath261 New Member

4 hours of patch for these simple fixes??? Seems fishyyyyyy
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Without knowledge about the code or how things are implemented, code dependencies, preparatory changes for future updates or fixes....

Think before posting?
    klanderso and Tatanka like this.