To Daybreak: Thanks for the TLP, it was fun

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rampart, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Rampart New Member

I've written before I came late to Phinny, toward the end of Kunark, so I missed the "newbie" experience until Agnarr was released. To Daybreak... it was fun and I appreciated the trip down memory lane.

My recommendation for the next TLP-- unlock all content at time the TLP server goes live but control the levels over time. E.G. First period of time allow all toons to level 50, next period of time, up to level 60, then 65, etc.

I think it would be fun to try raids with an army of toons that aren't of the appropriate level yet. Would also be fun with your party of 6 to do the same on some of harder content too.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Wow a new server idea that actually isn't awful. Proud of you OP.

It would be neat to see how twinked you can get yourself at 50/60 with access to TSS zone armor and stuff like defiant, and how far you can raid taking advantage of it.

Another server where casters are crap though :D
  3. Tyreel Augur

I like the idea and there could be several different versions of the server. The massive amount of work to allow artificial level caps while leaving expansions open and then making raids PoP era+ work with out the correct levels due to non request able raid progression makes me think the idea is doomed.

Toss in mercs PLing you and defiant gear at lower levels i think more mileage could be had at a better dev investment from a progression sever just starting out locked at TSS Day one.
  4. Mad_Mikey Elder

Assuming nothing prevents mercs from taking part in open world raids, it will be entertaining to see which guild takes down the first Classic dragon within four hours of server up.
  5. malaki Augur

Tank mercs are all kinds of OP at early level.
  6. Machentoo Augur

Except it isn't new.
    snailish likes this.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Sounds pretty awesome. New to me!
  8. snailish Augur

Artificial caps to make the content harder has been proposed before for sure. Wide-open (or more-open) launches have been stated too.

I guess it depends on how level caps are coded into the game. If they are tied to an expac and need to be tied to an expac then the option is to do something like Classic 30, Kunark 40, Velious 50, Luclin 55, PoP 60 or such if you want to make it harder. Can't really do TSS capped at 40 if it is a global change and other progression servers aren't all past TSS...

If level caps can be set to "time period server is open" so first 20 days you can get to level 20, then cap jumps to 30 for the next 20 days" then it is a different thing because more flexibility with opening the server at various eras. Again, if timeframes are global then you have the issue of how it may impact other servers or future servers you don't want with the level capping modified.

If level caps can be set per server, rather than globally, well that opens up all sorts of things. Most of which sound more viable as Quarm event server things rather than progression servers.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Before they can offer any type more custom rulesets I'm thinking they need to split the tlp servers from live to make those adjustments.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Make it an event server where the max level starts at level 1 and increases by 1 per day, no other restrictions.
    Kyzvs likes this.
  11. Zefirus Journeyman

That is a good idea. +1.
  12. BearmanSW Elder

I like this idea, but if it's possible, I'd hold back on unlocking defiant gear and mercs until much later. They would ruin the first half-dozen xpacs entirely. Otherwise, open it up for sure...would be fun to try and drop Kunark / Velious raid mobs @ lvl 50.

I'd be down to come back for something like that, assuming that zones can be instanced of course.
    Would be an even bigger bonus if it didn't have truebox!
  13. Brumans Augur

Yeah, not a new idea, but still one that I think is pretty great. A completely new way to experience EQ.

Although I'd say start at capping at level 10, 20, 30, etc. Then once you get to where expansions released 5 level increments, mimic that.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Maybe cap it for 1 hour per level?

IE it caps at level 1 for 1 hour, then caps at level 2 for 2 hours, and so on?

Either way, everything past level 50 or so would be pretty weird, whether it is 1 day per level or 2-3 days. You wouldn't have enough time to do content twice before outleveling it. And once you hit sof onward, there would be no possibility of finishing expansions before being 10+ levels over.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'll take a stab.

Luclin at launch, lev 51 cap. 2 months, Truebox, no MoTM or AoC. PoP + loy and ldon, 61 cap, 2 months. GoD 1 month, then server rolls normal with 1 month unlocks.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The SoF/SoD+ raids really need to be re-examined in the same way Trakanon was in regard to the keyed pieces. Events that are only drop a limited number of keys like the Tower key from Korafax events should drop enough keys such that after 2 clears you have a fully flagged raid.

I get the purpose behind slowing down progression when the content is new and designed to last an entire year. But when it's only 3 months or 2 months on progression servers the keying process should be expedited through more keys dropping per kill.