TLPs 2023

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Typhus, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3rdconix Elder

This isn't even that oddball. TSS takes place exclusively on Antonica. It's basically an Everquest classic redux. It's one of the most logical TLP starting points possible.
    jeskola, Skuz and Hdizzle like this.
  2. coltongrundy Augur

DOA. We all know Miragul was a flop, but darkpaw has even openly admitted that they know it was a flop, despite how out of touch they always are. Probably never see a TLP launch later than GoD again after Vaniki
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. 3rdconix Elder

If you think TSS is anywhere near resembling HOT your opinion is completely invalid and should be ignored. If you're going to post at least make it come across as somewhat intelligent. If not, don't remove all doubt of your EQ knowledge when you make a post.

TSS is the final expansion that has content from level one to in-era max. It was the first one to do that since Luclin. That alone makes it nothing like HOT. That also makes it quite an obvious starting point for a TLP.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Miragul had truebox. Truebox that late is really bad.

TSS start with no truebox could be interesting
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Too soon to do another random loot server should wait a few more years before doing that. Don't want to start drawing people away from the existing ones yet.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Anybody who doesn't understand that Truebox was what did Miragul in from the start isn't paying attention
    Denyu, Appren, FranktheBank and 2 others like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

A new schedule.

Rather than getting 1-2 per year that ultimately consolidate and linger around for years while they slowly die...

....we get a rotating theme TLP that dumps into Live and resets every ~2 months.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems like that won't attract much of the various purchases that the current ones do such as new bags for each round.
  9. Hdizzle Augur

Every year there is always an option for lvl 1 classic fresh start server.

We can nitpick the details of starting points and rules but it would be interesting to see how a TLP season goes with no safe/familiar option (that sweet lvl 1 freshy server!) to choose from.

What if Miragul was the ONLY tlp that year. Would it fare the same? Likely cause it was truebox iirc and it started nearer to live than most are comfortable with and peeps on live box to do stuff. Hell if the two ideas that arent' classic start server suck release a phinny clone mid summer and change it up.

Being stale is a business death knell.
  10. Agrippa Augur

This idea would completely trivialize most of the game, up through 70th level. It'd also end up costing Daybreak a few dollars, so it's quite unlikely to ever happen. Anyhow, I'm a player that isn't able to commit to grouping or raiding for any real duration. Just my personal experience, too, but I hate boxing. I suck at it and the tools needed to do it effectively are far too complex for me. Long story short, I'm a player that is pretty much entirely dependent upon using mercenaries. There are also *so* many very basic quality-of-life improvements that have been added over the decades that I don't feel should be locked behind expansions. So, it will never happen, but my request would be to launch a new progressive server that features all of the "modernized" quality-of-life improvements from day one. This would include having Mischief's randomized and free trading ruleset. I'm also a completionist at heart, so I could easily go for six months to a year for each expansion. My final request would be to allow an optional experience toggle that would be available from first level. Even on progressive servers, it doesn't take much longer than a few hours to completely outlevel entire areas. I get that most gamers enjoy running around in godmode status, but I absolutely loathe bottomfeeding.

Edit: I should also say that, minus being force-fed leveling experience at insane rates and not having the randomized loot, I'm already able to do almost all of the above on the Firiona Vie server already.
  11. coltongrundy Augur

If you think I said TSS and HOT are the same, you never learned how to read.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. DeadRagarr Augur

LDoN Inspired server. Want to crawl through Lower Guk? Get 3+ peeps and spawn a personalized instance and dungeon crawl. Mobs do not respawn, and the dungeon instance has an 8 hour lockout.
    modsiw and Agrippa like this.
  13. Typhus Elder

To DBG,

Well I been away from EQ since the announcement of the 2022 TLPs. I would love to come back to this game, But waiting to see what you have in store for next year before I do. Meanwhile excited for WoW Dragonflight. Please give us another fresh start Mischief like server for 2023 as like I said the new servers just did not do it for me. I would be so glad to come back and spend money if you do.

Yours Truly,
    High Spending Customer.
  14. Typhus Elder

I loved the random loot, not so much the double loot. I think they just need to tweak Raid boss drops a little better. The anticipation of not knowing what you are going to get is a ton of fun and brings back that nostalgic feeling before Allakazams and other sites put up info on the internet.
  15. Captain Video Augur

Less than zero percent chance of happening, due to server performance. Servers do not and never will support private picks. You would be crashing every five minutes if they tried. If you want to play a single-player RPG, go do that. EQ is not it.
  16. Tranced Elder

What I definitely want:

• Double loot & rare spawns (or triple!?)
    • Fast experience
    • No flagging/keys
    • Shorter raid lockout timers
    • Auto grant some or all AA
    Additions that would be cool but I could live without:
    • Out of combat regen
    • Some level of the Vaniki treatment on spells
    • Relaxed truebox (2-3) from start
    • Velious, Luclin, or PoP start (roll LoY & LDoN in with PoP please)
    • GoD + OOW & DoN released at the same time
    • Free Trade
  17. jeskola pheerie

That's a bit too EZ mode
  18. 3rdconix Elder

Why stop there? How about just log in and receive max level, full AA, BIS char?

Do you even want to play EQ with these outrageous ideas?
  19. Captain Video Augur

This also has less than zero chance to happen. EQ is not a single-player RPG and never will be.
  20. Tranced Elder

Lol, literally everything on this list has happened before except flagging/keys which has happened to a certain extent. Not one of these ideas is "outrageous" they are things we've already seen. Equating length of time that something takes to do with difficulty is an unemployed gamer fallacy if I've ever seen one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.