TLP Warrior DPS trivial?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Hothbra, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Hothbra Journeyman

So I understand that warriors do more damage then the other tanks, is it a noticeable difference or trivial? I already have a 60 SK, and 50 Paladin (For rez only), I dont necessarily want another tank. Not interested in playing any of the other melee (Khunark Era) either, so would going warrior be a waste of my time if I want something that can plow through things faster then the SK? Would have the gear to twink him, otherwise going the caster route..

Only other interests would be a mage or necro, leaning towards necro due to utility.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

SK's out-dps warriors in this era. They have access to higher ratio weapons and they have lifetaps/dots to use, not to mention the addition of Unholy Aura.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Around level 70-75 is when warrior DPS stopped feeling anemic to me.
  4. WokeCat Augur

From a Rogue's perspective on Thornblade, Warrior is the only tank I ever group with whose DPS actually feels relevant.

SKs are great for pulling. Paladins are nice to have because of rez. Warriors however, IMHO, deal dramatically more damage than them. I actually wonder if they out DPS Rangers? It wouldn't surprise me at all.