TLP upon reaching Live Status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I played on AB as my "live" server prior to taking a 7 year break from the game yes.
    Since Phinigel unlocked GoD I have exclusively played here.

When I started on Ragefire & again on Phinigel I started "primarily" on a TLP server, by that I mean it was the TLP part of the equation that was my overriding concern and fact is there have been exactly NO "EU TLP" servers or "US TLP" servers opened that's just how the populations turned out - whether it was an EU located server or US located server wasn't ever the primary concern and it has only developed into one as the overall population declined and it hasn't ever been an issue about where the servers are physically located it's about an EU TLP population on an older TLP server ending up getting ditched on a US server which has no other EU population, though I would think that concern was obvious enough.

I should think most EU TLP players started the same way regardless of which TLP they rolled on so I think your argument which boils down to "you knew what you were signing up for" is really a very weak & extremely reductionist one that only works in hindsight to start with and is a position that I very much doubt the devs themselves would even entertain falling back on or trying to use to defend their position. The fact remains that outside of AB there are no EU guilds active in EverQuest any more, so aside from AB merging the TLP into any other live server is useless for EU players once their TLP hits live status.

The Ubisoft servers situation you go into isn't remotely related so I'm not going to comment on that part of your post as I feel it doesn't hold any relevance to the TLP servers.

There remain a lot of unanswered questions and a rapidly approaching transition from TLP to live for 3 servers, players just want to get an understanding of what's coming down the pipe for them so they can make informed decisions.
    Now maybe Phinigel becomes the home for all of the TLP that make it to live status or Selo becomes it as it hits live first but we just don't know, and I just think we need some answers soon.