TLP upon reaching Live Status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Captain Video Augur

For some reason, I thought they had shut down their EQ2 TLP by merging it into a Live server well ahead of schedule, since it was never very popular.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

They did for the last round of servers: Stormhold and Fallen Gate. Kaladim is "expected" to meet the same fate after TSO but that's kind of just word on the street.

I'm in a weird spot where I'd be interested in an EQ2 TLE right now but would really prefer if they reverted the itemization changes they made for Kaladim.
  3. Kiaro Augur

I'd totally play on a EQ2 TLE if you know, the game didn't turn into "40buttons with the same icon" by level 25.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So any dev want to chime in & let us know if the particulars are even being discussed or perhaps even give us rough guess about when they are likely to discuss it?

My guess is less than a month from Selo hitting live in 2021 so maybe late January to early February?
  5. Nolrog Augur

Considering you made the claim that the code base is set up to remove the AOCs automatically, the proof is on you not us.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  6. Captain Video Augur

I made no such claim. There are several AoC's on the TLPs which are not on Live servers now, this is a fact. Given that it's all one codebase, by definition they must have some code logic in place which prevents the AoC's in question from popping on Live servers. Since no TLP has yet transitioned to a Live server, none of us knows exactly what they're going to do. My money is on the notion they haven't even started thinking about it yet.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

If they say that current tlps will just rot as is, lose aoc, bonus loot etc, its almost guaranteed that more people on late tlps will quit.

Furthermore, the incentive for players on future tlps to stick it out is further diminished. You get to a point where any returning player will simply roll on live rather than whatever tlp is in late eq at the time.

Its been mentioned before but if all tlps are rolled into a tlp graveyard with selo rules you might be OK. People on tlp really like aoc seeing as how even dead selo gets regular prePOP server announcements including vulak, seru, etc.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Isn't this already true? Unless you're a returning player who intends to join an existing guild with friends, in which case it's really just the same as choosing from among the available Live servers anyway. The Live players will scream bloody murder if TLP players are allowed to bring bonus loot rules with them to any of the existing Live servers, because of the [perceived] competitive disadvantage. Which means the TLP players will have to choose between giving up special rules for the sake of a merge, or else be stuck on that rotting server forever.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You sure about that?

What Nolrog thought you meant is also what I thought you meant by saying that.
    Tweakfour17 and jeskola like this.
  10. nagash101 Augur

I was thinking the same thing. It will be at least 2 to 3 more years of dev before all the systems and subsystems are all completed. Playable content isn't very large right now. If they do release to early without having everything polished and complete they risk a complete market failure.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Captain Video Augur

You guys are arguing semantics. Since it is a common codebase, by definition there has to be code logic to distinguish the "blue ruleset" servers from the TLPs. It's common sense. If they set a flag to declare TLP server X to now be a blue rules server, the TLP-specific AoC's will go away. Also common sense. The original argument was over what was in the server launch announcements regarding the final intention, and my recollection (which is repeatedly challenged on these forums :)) has been that the stated intention was to progress to being a Live "blue ruleset" server. Until a dev or the producer responds with a definitive answer one way or the other, it's a waste of time to keep arguing.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You said something then denied saying it, hardly semantics.

Why don't you just stick to the more simple "I don't know", you might have a far easier time recollecting things you actually know rather than trying to remember your speculative ramblings.
    Nolrog and Tweakfour17 like this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So we have until March when Selos hits Live status as the first TLP to do so and we now have transfers opened up to some of the older TLP too, will be interesting to see if any make the move from the lower pop tlp to older ones.

Will Selos or Phinny be a bigger draw, will either draw anyone at all.

I hope when Phinigel hits live it has managed to attract some players from some of the struggling TLP's like Coirnav but it is still an open question about what happens to Selo's USP features when it reaches live or Phinigel's as both still look like they will do so with active guilds/players.
  14. Pikollo Augur

I like this idea with the following tweaks. Make it pay to play so the server is not flooded with useless bots (I know krono heroes will have them anyways). Keep selo instance cooldowns. Possibly make it FV loot rules.

Lets face one fact though. At Selo xp (which I have loved from day 1) you'd max a char FAST. With a year between expansions it means you'd probably get bored fairly fast. I'd see this server having 2 uses. 1) leveling new chars to experience other classes and possibly gearing them assuming raid guilds stuck around. 2) A way for people to do the first but then giving DBG money to transfer to their live server of choice. Basically DBG could make money on this by allowing people to hop on, max, transfer to another server. Also it may draw people back in every year to do the new expansions. Once I get bored and quit I'd personally re-up, buy expacs and play them just to do them BUT I wouldn't do it if I had to grind levels/aa like a live server.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The second Free Trade (FV) rule is added to ANY server it would reduce any and all characters to that server having the ONLY transfer off available being to FV forever, so that's a complete & utter non-starter.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, I don't think server transfers opening up from younger tlp to the older ones has been all that attractive and I think most of that is due to Truebox, until we have a clear idea what Selo & Phinny will be like when they are live status I think players are going to wait & see anyway, if they end up being exactly like a regular live server with none of the benefits these servers enjoy at present there won;t be any real incentive to move there beyond the population on them and in that case I could see merging Phinigel & Selo (and later Miragul) being a faint possibility, but just as if not more likely they merge both with some low pop live server.

Closer we get to Live the more this question needs answers.
  17. Silver-Crow Augur

Sadly it's not popular as it's not free.

Why pay to transfer a character that you can recreate and level pretty quickly. Certainly any gear you take over won't be worth anything (except maybe bags and mounts)

The only reason i can think you would server transfer is if your guild moves en masse, and that will never happen when this are chargeable. To be honest this is a bit short sighted as DPG have missed the opportunity to naturally let servers die so they can be sunsetted and get rid of some of the TLP's that are low populations already.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm hoping that free-transfers for low-pop servers is the next step, on any server that has been around a while players will have alts & mules aplenty and probably a large portion will have multiple accounts, I'm in that situation myself, were I to transfer off I would have to spend a rather too large amount of money to take all of that with me, so either I stick it out or I sacrifice a lot of stuff to move elsewhere.

From what I have seen so far there has been very few if any players moving to Phinigel, I don't know whether Selo has seen many but i would expect not.
  19. Scarredevolution New Member

In the past 2 weeks ive seen mabye 3 new people to selo. Selo is basically done theres no saving it anymore
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Free Transfers might be the next move, failing that we could see server mergers happening perhaps, and if that doesn't happen it all gets left to entropy.