TLP upon reaching Live Status

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Since we have 3 TLP servers that will reach "live status" in 2021, what changes should we expect?

Selo
    Phinigel
    Miragul

Each has some unique features so it would be good to know if they will they simply become carbon copies of all the current live servers & lose any/all of the features they have that currently differentiate them from live servers or will they retain some of them?

1. Truebox - all of these servers currently feature Truebox rules which none of the live servers have, will all of the TLP which have Truebox have it removed once they hit live status?

2. Agents of Change - Selo/Phinigel have AoC, will these be removed when they hit live?

3. XP boost - Selo has increased XP rate above live servers, will they lose that?

4. Halved lockout timers - Selo features perma-reduced lockout timers, will these be removed once live?

5. Free to Play - live servers have F2P enabled, will these TLP get that enabled once at live status?

6. Heroic 85 start - Miragul all characters start off as Heroic 85, will this feature remain once the server is at live status?

Additional questions:

7. Server merges - all of these TLP are going to be fairly low-population servers upon reaching live status, should the players expect their server to get merged with a live server rather than the above rule changes happening to the current server they are on?

8*. Specifically for European Players & guilds on TLP servers, will there be any consideration given to them having the opportunity of a free server move off the TLP or merged server to Antonius Bayle for their characters?
    Since all of the TLP are USA based I would expect any server merge to a liver server to also to be to a USA based server & the very small TLP euro population on these 3 servers (possibly only Phingel has any left) would effectively be stranded on an almost exclusively USA player server and it is likely going to be too expensive for them to move all of their characters & alts from there to the AB server using the current server move feature.

*For example I have 5 accounts each with level 100+ characters on Phinigel add on the supporting crew of tradeskill item mules, defiant gear/alt gear/catcher upper gear mules etc & I am at around 40 characters I actively utilise on Phinigel.
    A server merge to a USA live server without a free server move to AB option would leave what remains of the EU population with little choice but to either quit EQ entirely or re-roll on a new TLP/live server elsewhere, a few may have only 1 or 2 characters they could affordably move to AB but the 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 boxers won't and abandoning characters as developed as they will be by then is either a pretty awful pill to swallow or a very expensive one to work around.
    With the best effort in the world I still expect player attrition to continue between now & live status & after it eventually causing my EU guild to be unable to field enough players to form a viable raid force for current or even older content, and little to no chance to recruit.
    It would be nice to know if we have a chance to move to AB at some point or not and if we were given that it may even give enough incentive to our current numbers to stick around longer, maintaining at least some of the revenue from them & allowing them to continue on to being players who will be buying expansions rather than leaving the game or re-rolling on a new TLP so not going on to becoming expansion buying players.
    Duder and VandilIzer like this.
  2. C3lowz Augur

Willing to bet the server gets discarded and all characters are just dumped to Vox
    CokaSZ, Pumpernickel and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Certainly a highly likely possibility.

They could have no plan right now, or a different plan.

Speculatively they could create an amalgam server out of the three that features:
    85 heroic start
    no truebox
    F2P enabled
    AoC
    Selo Xp rate

It would make for an interesting new server for the 3 older TLP to arrive at & could serve as the place future TLP servers are merged with rather than a regular live server.

If there is one good reason that wouldn't happen it's probably that even with all 3 populations added together it would still be smaller than even medium population live servers & the team may see more value in just throwing onto Vox.

Still, I like the new amalgam server idea better and it might allow guilds there to attract new blood to it with a feature set like that on a mature live-status server.

If they dump us all on Vox I definitely see that creating avoidable losses of players.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

I like this idea. Allow the other tlps the option to transfer there also if they choose before their server hits live.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ideally by that point Pantheon will be out and render this a non issue.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While I am following Pantheon development as I like what I have seen of it so far I do not expect it to even be in Beta by January 2021, maybe by January 2022 and that's if I am being very optimistic.
  7. Numiko Augur

I'll bet it will be free transfer off to live server of your choice and the rest will be folded into whatever the weakest live server is at that time.
  8. Thewiz Augur

I don't expect to see Pantheon "live" until fall/winter of 2023/2024.
    Gremin and Skuz like this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If we got a free transfer to a live server of our choice & all of our characters on the mature TLP were afforded that option I would be a very happy player.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Captain Video Augur

When each of these servers was launched, it was clearly stated that upon catching up to Live, they would each become a standard rules (Blue) server. Of course we have had server merges since then. I would not expect anything to happen to these servers right away. Offering free transfers to another Live server isn't likely, since they would still be left with an even lower populated former TLP. IMHO, another round of server merges is more likely, although they first have to complete diagnosis and repair of all the issues with the last round of merges.
  11. Numiko Augur

CokaSZ and Skuz like this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

The day Pantheon is released is the day lev is disabled in Plane of Fire.
    Goburs and Thewiz like this.
  13. theonepercent Augur

At least for Selo it was stated multiple times around when it was released that it would become a standard live server. Which at least to me that would mean no more AOCs, bonus exp, half lockouts or truebox. And with its lowish population i wouldnt be surprised if they just merged it into some random server.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

FTFY

If Selo were merged into "some Random Server" it could end up getting merged with Firiona Vie, Test, Beta, Rallos Zek, any of the other TLP servers, one of the EQ II servers, LoTRO servers, a WoW Classic server, the internal Microsoft NET development server.....:confused:
  15. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

16. Pawtato Augur

There has to be enough players to even be a worthwhile market.

Edit: I completely forgot Miragul existed. How's the population on it?
    CokaSZ likes this.
  17. Imdead Augur

This has been the rallying cry for TLP players since at least Ragefire/Lockjaw (Ragefire was the first place I actually heard of Pantheon).

Unfortunately, this will probably remain the rallying cry for TLP players for the next 10 TLP's as well.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

A part of me is scared to hear the answer to this question, because it may just kill my desire to finish out the server lol

If they roll us all into an existing live server, I think there is a decently high chance that the majority of people just quit. People lose their sense of 'server pride' for lack of a better word. Also, merges have been difficult for DPG on servers with less than 50 active people, what about servers with hundreds.

I also just don't want to lose AoCs lol.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Lol no.

What AoC are farmers going to be grinding on a server with level 115s? Level 115s can afk and win every single AoC instance, there is no need to pay them for anything. All that gear is obsolete and has been for 60 levels.

AoCs at this point are just useful for completing conqueror achievements or completing PoP progression for Artisan's Prize. All of the gear from them rots.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

AoC going active on all Live servers I would support as a QoL change so people can go get their seru mounts, abashi sticks or whatever themselves. That's not what they were made for but its how they are used on TLP after a certain point & its a cool feature for that.

Krono-selling depends on there being enough buyers to make it worthwhile.