TLP Tradeskills

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KimchiGoddess, Jul 23, 2020.

1. RizLoaner Elder

You're better off stocking krono and selling them later into kunark and working jewlcraft then as you've already trivialed the most profitable combine. The velium combines are quite nice in Velious and people will be looking for them. I have 263 jc / 300 Baking / 216 Research / 248 brewing on different toons. The only one I've made my money back on is research at 120 skill before I took it to 216. I sold 1 stack of MTP's for 2000 but until the bazaar you're not gonna find people who will buy stacks of food because they would rather be out hunting stuff and eating loaves of bread. I have all the stuff to get smithing and tailoring past 200 but it's not worth the platinum to do the combines now when I could just buy krono and resell them to make the eventual cost a lot cheaper.

If you don't stockpile silks and pelts now you'll regret it later on for sure, one of the best things to do for tskills in classic that doesn't involve dumping tons of plat you won't get back.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

Appreciate your tips and insight very much, thank you!
  3. Bewts Augur

Those quivers become in demand in Luclin / POP when everyone rolls pocket rangers for easy and safe DPS via archery.
  4. Bewts Augur

So... I did almost everything to 300+ (with appropriate TS Mod) by POP.

For me, fletching was the most profitable making EP bows in POP but I also enjoyed a controlled market on the mats for about 4 of the 6 months I was in the expansion. And everyone had pocket rangers looking for those bows! I had an ranger just to make these; separate from my main though.

Following that, I made the most from EP Plate/Chain in POP for the same reason above, but to a lesser extent. I did dominate the PoWater chain and plate which outfitted many a planned Zerker in the next expansion and alt bards used to split Plane of Time.

Afterwards, was a tie between JC and Tailoring for EP rings and EP robes. Earth Rings are a great source of HP, and some of the other rings have stellar resists. Tailoring was more of an afterthought simply because I found it the hardest to skill up and never got the 15% TS mod from akheva timely in-era. Robes seemed to sell decently but not nearly as well as plate / chain. I think the casters are more focused on the focii in some visible slots than raw stats which probably limited the tailoring value of the items.

I didn’t try to compete in pottery, but there’s some legit nice focus items for folks lacking them and folks were already crushing pottery in classic selling cultural idols.

I don’t know how well TS items do with instanced raid content because if ya got access to time, P1 is farmable with solid jewelry and if everyone can access EP - farming those molds is gonna crush any visible armor slot sales quicker than you’d like.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.