TLP Tradeskill Guides - Updates!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Jan 25, 2018.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

People have been hounding me ever since I started updating my website to do Tradeskills - my most recent efforts have been fulfilling these requests! I'd like to share what I have finished thus far with the community.

Dragons of Norrath Tailoring Guide
    Dragons of Norrath Smithing Guide
    Velious Tailoring Guide (overhaul)
    Velious Alchemy Guide (Total Overhaul)
    PoP Alchemy Guide (Total Overhaul)
    Classic Alchemy Guide (Total Overhaul)
    PoP Tinkering Guide

And a few more have gotten complete overhauls/minor touch ups. I'm going to be writing Dragons of Norrath guides for every cultural drop that was put in & I am working on touching up all old Tradeskill guides Classic - OoW to make them look prettier and flow better.

I'd also like to polish up my Spell Research guide but I know jack and crap about Tailoring guides (and crap left town)! If anyone out there knows optimum Spell Research routes please post them here or toss me a PM. It'll save me hours of research!
    Ezra and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

Got a list for Researching that someone gave me forever ago. I just had to dig up the post.

Also, I am going to add in Prophecy of Ro Guides for every Tradeskill as well. I think Phinigel is still 2 expansion away from it, but it's when Tradeskill Trophies are implemented.

I'll do my best to find some routes to add between expansions, I am working on 300 - 350 tradeskills which requires you to learn ALL previous recipes, it's a total pain in the butt but it makes creating older Tradeskill Guides a piece of cake.

Smithing Prophecy of Ro
    Baking Prophecy of Ro
    Brewing Prophecy of Ro
    Fletching Prophecy of Ro
    Jewelcrafting Prophecy of Ro (Unfinished, getting its own new path)
  3. Darchias Augur

A quick addendum to the Tailoring guide: Using Black Pantherskin has the small advantage that Velium Boning is much cheaper and easier to make than studs. Panthers are, of course, a bit more difficult to farm without Track, and Yew Leaves are a bit more of a pain than Cobalt Cod, but it's worth mentioning. Arctic Wyvern armor is probably the easiest.

A Druid or Ranger that can forage their own Yew Leaves(the forage table in that zone is hot garbage though), track panthers, and pick up the Yew Leaf ground spawns may be better served leveling up on Black Pantherskin, but that's just my opinion.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Not listed in the alchemy guides, but after the greater elixir of concentration, you should go potion of mystical aptitude (1 x duskglow vine and 1 x yerbhimba). All store bought and takes you to 255.
  5. AlmarsGuides Augur

Available in Classic? Or what X-pac does it become available?

Also thanks <3 - Shamans and Rogues take a lot of research to get their class guides right lol
  6. Nolrog Augur

Right now, all I can tell you is that I did it on Phini in either Gates or Omens (thinking Gates but I really don't remember 100%), and the two items are available on Agnarr. However, I don't have any characters on Agnarr to use a few plat to test out the combine. I assume that it works, since the items are there (though that is not always the case.)

Gonna look into poison making on Phini in the next few weeks. I just made a gnome rogue to work on tinkering and poison making.
  7. jack of all trades Elder

For the Velious Tailoring Guide, I'd recommend removing the Holgresh Fur Cap and substitute in Black Pantherskin. Holgresh is extremely expensive per-combine due to the vial. Granted, Black Pantherskin/Tigeraptor/Haze Panther require an additional farmed component, so that could be left to players choice.

Also doing Othmir Fur Cap from 252 -> 262, Othmir Fur Moccasins from 262 -> 268 before switching to the Othmir Fur Cloak from 268 -> 295, simply to conserve the Othmir furs themselves.

*Edit* Just saw someone above me recommend the black pantherskin as well; my fault for not reading through thoroughly!
  8. AlmarsGuides Augur

Thanks! I'll write myself a note to make some corrections to that version of the guide. With EQ Traders being down I have been working on a few other guides the past few days =P
    FaloverC likes this.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Looking at the fletching guides, you have the path going from:

(Direct Route) Class 6 Wood Point Arrow 182 - 202
    to
    (Direct Route) Rough Shadewood Compound Bow 202 - 282

However, a much better path are the Shadow/Flame/Ice tipped acrylia arrows to level 268 (non-wood elf/non-karana worshiper of course)

Shadow/Flame/Ice tipped acryila arrows (yield 10, trivial 268).
    + Condensed shadow/flame/ice arrowheads (smithing, trivial 116, yields 2 per combine)
    * water flask
    * file
    * chunk of condensed shadow/ice/flame

+ Bundled Acrylia Arrowheads (smithing, trivial 54, yields 2 per combine)
    * small brick of acrylia ore
    * water flask
    * arrow shaft mold.

+ Several Shield Cut Fletchings

+ Small Grove Nocks

It's cheap, if you farm the condensed shadow/flame/ice and acrylia yourself . . . IMO, the farming of the condensed shadow is the easiest, but YMMV.

This is good from Luclin up thru DoN so far (probably longer, but Phini is only up to DoN).
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Research is different than other tradeskills when it comes to farming the materials to level the skill. As it relates to TLP's, your current guide really only needs to include mention of a couple of things.
    Up to 102, your guide is perfect. While technically lower level spells can be used for some skillup points, it is absolutely not worth the trouble to farm or buy mats to make them unless you stumble across a large volume randomly.

Starting at 102, a person can decide if they want to continue the easier route which is just making solutions, or switch to spells.

Unlike many other tradeskills, the higher skill combines are not based around the recipes using a greater quantity of materials. It is not like tailoring, where a lower skill combine would use 1 pelt, and a higher skill combine would use 2 or 3 pelts. The hide/scroll/papyrus/vellum that is cleansed to make the spell is simply a different item, that results in making its own level range of spells.

However, a person is still arguably much better off simply making spell solutions instead of spells. Your guide references that the solutions should be saved for making spells. This is something I would not advise. I would strongly advise a person leveling research to just simply sell the solutions back to the vendor. Assuming their charisma is high, the cost of buying the gems and then selling the solutions that are made can GREATLY reduce the cost of leveling research.

Your guide includes the path for this all the way up to 243 which is the highest skill a person can get on a TLP until the TLP is at PoP. 243 will make every spell from Classic/kunark/velious/luclin that can be combined a trivial combine. I've read that Phinny players have said that they still cannot craft PoP spells even though they are much farther along in the game so if I am not mistaken they have no way of skilling up past 243. An Agnarr player would have no reason to want to level up past 243 at this point, until PoP comes out on Agnarr, but that won't be for a few months, Agnarr is only just now on the cusp of getting Luclin. (It comes out in a few days)

Getting back to my comments about the skillup path regarding making solutions, instead of spells, another advantage solutions have is the only thing that is required to be farmed or purchased from other players is saltpeter and crystallized sulfur. Crystallized sulfur drops all over the place so is easy to collect in normal game play but saltpeter is a little harder to get on Agnarr. The best place to collect saltpeter on Agnarr is in Lavastorm. The drakes in lavastorm are extremely plentiful, and respawn very quickly. A mage or necro for example, can just stand in one place and use /pet qattack while nuking other drakes to collect saltpeters very quickly.

There are a few other places to obtain saltpeter (such as from solb) but Lavastorm is by far the best.

Honestly, with the exception of some recipes that have been nerfed on TLP's such as group dmf, or that sooty fine runic papyrus's do not drop on Agnarr, all the data you should need would be available at this link:

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g342
    AlmarsGuides likes this.