TLP spell damage calculator for NEC/SHD

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Dew-, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Dew- New Member

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_LAIdpfc_jj-WPAk2uWS66VghwXcLL6ajfhazuam0bU/copy?usp=sharing

I built it for Agnarr so it goes up to LDoN.

Lets you input your class, level, specializations, focus effects, AAs, and has a toggle for Unholy Aura. After configuring your settings you can use the filters on the first page to sort by total damage, DPS, efficiency, or damage per second spent casting.

The idea here is to give you approximate numbers (to the best of my knowledge on EQ maths) on what your best spells are for mana efficiency, straight up burn, etc.

The link above is a copy link. Something I might add later is a field to set a custom max duration for instances where you know a fight is only going to last a minute or whatever to give you a better idea at a glance of what long-term DoTs are worth casting and which aren't.

Questions/comments/criticisms are appreciated.
    Fumm likes this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Your dot durations appear to be based on the spell data, not on actual perfomance in game. To be clear, I'm *NOT* talking about the various dot duration extension aa or worn foci, I'm talking about the base rates. If you count the ticks off venom of the snake for example, it will tick 7 times, not 6. I think the old term for it was "the zero tick". A dot that has a 42 second duration in the spell data, will actually tick 8 ticks, not 7.

You also might want to add soul well (from the VP stick). It's relatively uncommon on TLP's since it drops in VP, but you have other clicks listed there, so it wouldn't hurt. (The recourse won't stack with bond of death, but the dot on the target will)

Oh, I see you added a section for setting foci for dot duration, etc. Kudos! If I pop on this weekend I'll double check how that plays out, I frequently resetaa on my test character so it would be easy to flip back and forth.
  3. Dew- New Member

Thanks for that, I added the zero tick to the calculations for total DoT damage. For Soul Well, does it behave exactly like Bond of Death? The description on Alla/Lucy is seems misleading. I can add it if I've got the proper information.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It doesn't. The damage from soul well starts off small, and progresses over time. If memory serves, it is not boosted from dot duration extension (worn or potion). When I was playing on agnarr and made a similar spreadsheet, I had decided to total up the base damage and put the average as the per tick value.

I'll try to remember to pop on test and get some data for you soon, I've been pretty busy lately.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Here's the raw data. Damage (what little there is) is the same with, and without a burning affliction item.

A frost giant berserker has taken 11 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 23 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 35 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 47 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 59 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 71 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 83 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 95 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 107 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 119 damage from your Soul Well.
    A frost giant berserker has taken 119 damage from your Soul Well.
    Your Soul Well spell has worn off of a frost giant berserker.
  7. Dew- New Member

Added Soul Well and the clicks from Sacred Shield of Dread and the Velketor/Itraer Vius drops. To my knowledge they shouldn't be affected by Improved Damage and I haven't tested it so if someone else finds out otherwise I can change it.