TLP solo box

Discussion in 'Priests' started by tyler, Nov 25, 2018.

1. tyler New Member

So im trying to pick a new solo single box character to roll on phinny.

ive narrowed it down to necro or shaman. curious what ya'll think. especially with mercs soon

Thanks!
  2. Damezza Augur

I think a shaman would have a tough time splitting camps and doing dps beyond healing the merc or himself depending on who’s tanking. But I’ve only boxed a sham

I wonder if the sham would tank better than a merc tank at 70+?

Would love some experienced shams to chime in!
  3. Ultrazen Augur

Both will work. It's hard to argue with necro though. Both kinds of invis + feign death will get you anywhere you want to go fast. It's also nice having snare, if you're going to dungeon crawl. Shaman become tougher to deal with post 65ish, when the tank mercs become paper bags. Even with slow and a lot of healing, it's a real slog. Necro gives you a way to split mobs, and a variety of ways to approach content, fear kite, pet tank with healer, root rot, etc.

In general, the best molo characters, are the ones that benefit the most from the healer merc, but still have some DPS. Ranger, Monk, Mage, Chanter (charmed pet), necro, Beastlord to me are the go to molo classes. The only downside for necros, is their pets are real paper bags against a lot of content, depending on what expansion you're in, and what pet you have. If necro pets were mage pets, this wouldn't even be a discussion, and they would hands down be the best molo class.

At the end of the day you can make every class work molo, even clerics and palies, it's just a matter of how much a pain in the butt it is to deal with.