TLP SK

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by TheDohn, Mar 5, 2021.

1. TheDohn Augur

At what point do the terror line of spells generate more aggro than clinging dark? Than asystole?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

3. Chaosflux Augur

Some of that thread is wrong or outdated though.

Taunt has been changed
    The section on runes is wrong, they don't generate 2x value, even when that was written it wasn't accurate. However since they fixed witness checks rune aggro is alot less consistent since now instead of it being guaranteed aggro it has a chance to produce 0 hate just like heals do.
    Pet aggro has changed

And the lifetap aggro is abit off how its stated, you get base damage as hate on the traditional lifetaps, and I can't recall offhand how resource taps work, but pretty sure the healing is also 0 hate additionally.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

To answer OP question probably more convenient to use terrors since they are instant so you waste less time casting and no interrupt chance. For sure by the Terror of Death (53?) They produce similar hate, the main issue in a direct comparison is debuff aggro is based on mob HP total (but is subject to a cap). On the other hand SK don't have a bunch of massively useful spells hogging spell gems at that level so its easier to justify 2 or 3 terrors on your bar which becomes pretty much the standard amount you keep on your bar for awhile.

That instant part allows you to waste less time casting/recasting because of interrupts and such, and maximize time doing other things (spear/taps), it also allows you to pre-build hate if you are pulling which makes it far more useful. Especially since when they are introduced you also get mental corruption to boost your mana sustainability.
  5. Protagonist Tank

Exactly none of that answers OP's question.

For many expansions, the straight +hate spells are significantly less aggro than cd/asystole. The only benefit they have is an initial, non-aggro cast because they are not impacted by hate cap. Also, never use mental corruption. The straight health tap innates are AA boosted, and a huge amount more raw healing than you get converting the MC mana into lifetaps.

To actually answer OP - OoW, specifically Terror of Discord, is the first raw aggro spell that outperforms asystole, at 1200 raw hate. Terror of Thule, in PoP, is only 600 hate and is still outperformed by clinging, much less asystole.
    Xhartor likes this.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Discord is 2800 hate, I must have had some numbers in my head messed up I was thinking the 53 terror was alot closer to that.