TLP servers- Tradeskill- Research

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elthorien, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Elthorien Elder

(been outa game awhile, so if I missed something, let me know)

Let me make sure I got this correct:
    except for orginal and kunark ,
    can NOT research any spells from an expansion until 5 expansions later
    all expansion spells are sold in pok 4 expansions after release

(lockjaw server, dragons of norrath expansion is open.. all spells up thru legacy of yeksha are sold in pok, attempted to research ldon spells, could not combine)

if this is accurate.. means after kunark expansion, research skill is USELESS for spells, as they will be sold in pok, befor they can be researched, and will be cheaper in pok then what the components cost to make the actual spell.

is this accurate??
  2. Machentoo Augur

Basically. There are a few points in the level 70-75 stretch where some spells are researchable before they hit PoK, but for the most part research is only useful for making a*aa mechanoinstructions, or doing the necessary combines for the GOD raids.
  3. Elthorien Elder

aye, I recall later on, starting with The Serpents Spine .. with rank 2 spells.. can research the rank 2 spells.. those are never sold in pok... and can only research them later. not with those expansions current, but don't recall how many expansions later that the rk2 spells for research will unlock
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Is this a server - server thing because on Coirnav you can research Velious spells that are drop only in era. In fact, every spell that CAN be researched is so far researchable except Dead Men Floating from my experience, there may be others but the bulk of them are combine able.
  5. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

To be clear to those who find this post after googling the topic:

At least on Selo, you were able to craft in-era spells. The level 60 sooty drop was going for something like 5-6k because you could make level 60 spells with it.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Dead MEN Floating (group DMF) - Drops in Kunark, not researchable until Luclin
    Remove Greater Curse - Drops in Luclin, not researchable until TSS(?)
    Otherwise every researchable spell is unlocked up to and including Luclin, the tricky part is getting the papers as noted above, Sooty Fine Runic Papyrus was selling for more than KEI on Coirnav because you could make any spell with it.

Even in PoP certain spells were not available to buy such as Speed of the Brood or KEI so you either had to kill the mobs or research them. Or level past that point and get their upgraded versions..
  7. Krezzy Augur

You're very much right about this, and it's a shame. The skill has some very obscure utility here and there. When LoY launches, it can make swatches for racial robes.

DBG really should make Research viable for almost every available spell up to two levels below the in-Era cap. I can see why Remove Greater Curse is no longer craftable in-era, but RLC would work fine this way.