TLP Server Differences

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RiplyAnklebiter, Mar 20, 2017.

1. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

The last I played on Live was around the time Omens came out, obviously a lot has changed since then. The questions I have are in regards the TLP servers in general(I'm assuming most of this stuff is consistent across the different TLP servers), and understanding what to expect on the new server coming out.

1. Corpse runs, are they still a thing and if not what has replaced them?
    2. Time period items that were removed or changed as time moved forward? Basically what I mean is when playing P1999, if you started in the beginning somethings were in game but later patched out in a natural progression of patches that live went through. For example Pre-Nerf Circlet of Shadow, eventually was replaced by Circlet of Shadow(s). Do the TLP servers follow this same it was in and will be patched out progression or does the game basically start at a state that does not have the option of say a Circlet of Shadow, Mana Robe, etc?
    3. Time period races? Are all races available from the start or do you have to wait to start an Iskar or Vah Shir?
    4. Hybred or Race exp penalties, were these patched out like they were on P1999?
    5. Character models, are the Luclin models in from day one or are you stuck waiting for Luclin to get rid of the craptastic old models?

....I think that is it for now, thanks
  2. Rhaage Augur

1. you leave a corpse for the purpose of rez's only. Your gear travels with you back to your bind point.
    2. Some of the "old" items that got removed from the game do show in the initial stages of TLP and then are phased out. Some that were removed from the game stay removed.
    3. So far, the race / class combo's have only become available in connection with the expansion that made them available. Although there may have been some specific exceptions.
    4. Yes, although I'm not 100% certain if the Halfling and Warrior / Rogue bonuses (5%) are removed. /shrug
    5. Luclin models available from day 1
  3. AgentofChange Augur

1) No. What replaced them? Nothing. Idk what you are asking.
    2) Yes they follow a similar concept. They aren't patched out, they stay in for a set number of days and then stop dropping. The # of days are different for each item and generally unknown (although there are decent estimates out there), maybe you can convince prathun to give you an exact number.
    3) You must wait until the appropriate expansion for races & classes
    4) Penalties have all been removed, bonuses all still remain
    5) You can choose whatever model fits your fancy in the patcher
  4. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Thanks for the responses.

I have been playing around on Phinny and Ragefire since it seems the new server is going to be models around he two rule-sets. Keep in mind all I did was start a level one on both servers and kill a few thing. Something new to me was how fast you regen hps and mana outside of combat, that had me wondering about something.

Are racial regen rates from Iskar and Troll even relevant anymore if out of combat regen is so fast? I am thinking specifically how on classic the regen rates of an Iskar could dramatically effect the progression of a Monk or Necro in the amount of down time or ability to lich longer at higher levels.

To go along with the above question, does this regen out of combat speed then make items like Ikky BP and Fungi pointless?

I also did not notice a difference in the exp gained on Phinny versus Ragefire, is that speed up exp really more exp or just less downtime?
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Out of combat regen is actually not in the game on the TLPs atm. Yes, the icon is there but you don't actually get the added benefit. HP+ items are still very useful, and the iksar/troll bonuses are still nice to have, although they are just a minor bonus at this point.

The xp rate difference is likely not as noticeable at the early levels, especially right now with the bonus experience going on. It may be the case that xp is capped and you can only get so much xp/kill, I'm unsure of this fact. But there is definitely a noticeable difference in experience as you level on each server.
  6. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

What do you mean out of combat regen is not in the game on the TLPs atm? I watched my character regen from 10%-100% on ragefire in under 15 seconds, after exiting combat. Or are you talking about something else? Because you definitely did not regen that fast on classic, even at level one.

So back to racial bonuses, so in the past or say on P1999 it was a pretty big deal for a monk or necro to have the iskar regen, this really isnt a big deal anymore on the TLPs?
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Regen itself has been increased over the years so yes, it's no where near as bad as it was originally. But out of combat regen is actually a mechanic that was added to EQ a few years ago. If you look at your name, where the combat indication is, you'll see either swords (in combat), a time glass (out of combat but recovering, I suppose), blue circle (out of combat & standing up), yellow circle (out of combat & sitting).

On live severs, once you are out of combat your hp/mana regen increases significantly. This is not a feature that is active on the TLPs right now, even though the combat indications remain in the game.

Is the iksar/troll regen "a really big deal"? No, not at all. It's a small bonus.
  8. Ethereal Augur

TLPs don't get the bonus out of combat regens. I don't know what you're seeing.

From a raiding perspective, I always figured the main reason monks (or any class besides necros/shaman) went Iksar was for the bonus AC. Weird. Playing a monk, I don't feel any amount of regen helps me do my job as a monk. Regen doesn't save you when a mob outright kills you, and having to FD to recover HP at the pathetic amount of HP you receive while FD'd means you probably aren't doing your job anymore as a monk (pulling/dpsing). You'd be better off just FD crawling back as close as you can to your group/raid and get a real heal.

If you're trying to go solo some stuff, sure regen is helpful I suppose.
  9. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Ah ok, that makes more sense then. Any idea if the regen rate of Live servers will end up on Agnarr? I mean is it expack specific?

Thanks for the clarification btw, 12 years since I was on any type of live server.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

Regen rates will be the same as Phinny/Ragefire/Lockjaw. I don't know when the out of combat regen kicks it, but since Agnarr is locked at LDoN they will never get it anyway.
  11. Machentoo Augur

TLP's DO get the original out of combat regen bonus. Every 30 seconds you sit, your hp regen rate increases a few points. By the time you have been sitting 3-4 minutes, your hp will regen very rapidly. The further along we are and the more hp we get, the more significant it becomes.
  12. Ethereal Augur

I mean my characters are vastly more geared than my boxes on live were way back in the day, so my point of reference might be skewed. I do remember having to sit for like 4-5 minutes during classic here on Ragefire to regen all the mana I burned after buffing. That seems pretty in line with how it used to be... Unless we're trying to say you had to sit and AFK for 30 minutes or something to get all your mana back, back in the day?

I don't see my regen or mana regen being anything other than what it says I'm getting back. Which is my mana regen from spells + items + med, which goes away when I stand.

I'll be honest though, I don't really pay attention to my HP regen, as I don't solo hardly at all.
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

He is talking about the version where you get ~3% of your HP/Mana/End every tick after being out of combat for 30 sec in group or 4 min in raid.
  14. Machentoo Augur

I am aware of that. The version we do have though can give more than 3% hp per tick after a few minutes of sitting.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

No matter how long you sit your regen rate won't increase...
  16. Ethereal Augur

I'm extremely confused now. To get back on track though, unless you're soloing, most racial benefits don't matter. (Unless you're Iksar, 60 AC is pretty sweet even at 105)
  17. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Just to clarify what I was referring to is literally how fast you regen hps right after combat. I just tested it on P1999 (closest to classic out there) and on Ragefire, both with level 1 Rangers with exact same stats. I took the Ranger down to 10% health on both and then sat to regen. P1999 it took 2min 45sec to get back to 100%, Ragefire 58 seconds.
  18. RiplyAnklebiter Lorekeeper

Well some portion of my question does deal with the idea of soloing. I have a friend who will be playing with me on a Monk, he enjoys soloing here and there. I will be playing a Necro.....so guessing I will be soloing a decent amount, and with the Necro its always a race between regen and lich. Thats essentially why I was wondering about regen rates. Playing a Necro as a non Iskar, using lich line spells is massivelly different at high level comparatively.....on P1999 and classic EQ. I know this isnt either of those games anymore, but I wanted to know if it was completely different now and if the naturaly regen of an Iskar really is a factor anymore.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Wrong, go try it.
  20. Ethereal Augur

Iksar necros are pretty powerful, although you can easily negate a lot of the regen issues with consumables as well (and why not rock them anyways? they're super cheap)

Greater Concentration pots mana regen(stacks with everything?)
    Spirituality pots hp+mana regen(stacks with everything minus beastlord buffs and wizard epic?)

Both of those stack with your necro lich.

Don't let race be a factor unless you really don't care about anything but racial bonuses. (which is totally fine too)