TLP Request: Release Heroic Characters with HoT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

This is a request to allow people to create heroic characters with HOT rather that CoTF on TLPs.

As it stands, servers like Coirnav are already very low population. Having the ability to make a heroic character in era might entice players to come play on TLPs when they reach HoT, as there are no groups available at lower levels to level up with.

By allowing them to be claimed with the release of HoT, they could immediately join one of the remaining raid guilds who are desperately seeking new players, and level with them, play with them, and potentially stick around for a while.

While I do understand the reasoning behind CoTF, releasing them that late still places them far behind the modern curve, and makes it extremely intimidating to try to catch up.

Just a thought.
    Karliv likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Not a bad plan, they would still be 5 levels behind and in group tier gear so not exactly OP but sufficient enough to jump back into it.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would not object to Heroic Characters being available on TLP when HoT unlocks.

I have suggested in many past posts that having a series of "return points" available to players would help players who take breaks to be able to return more easily, like a Level 51/50 character boost available in PoP, a level 70 character boost available in TSS SoD, the 85 being available in VoA (but HoT is fine by me) and a level 100 character boost being available with the 2021 expansion on live where the level raise takes the cap to 120 - that 100 character boost being available in RoS on TLP.

I think Truebox has a bigger impact on TLP server survival though, if you are interested I wrote an argument for "evolving" the TLP rulesets instead of sticking to one for the full duration in a post you can click on >here<
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. Yeroc New Member

I also wish they had a high level boost on live. 85 is easy to get to but after that I feel like you need a group more or less and on live that can be hard to find since most people are max level. I’d rather pay for a level 100 heroic too struggle looking for groups or being forced to box then eventually getting power leveled(depending on how solo friendly the class is). I feel like there so many ways for them to make money and improve the game that they miss out on. Kind of off topic but I’m over these cookie cutter tlps. They can’t replicate 1999 Everquest so why try people just get upset. I want a rule set that’s exciting and different. I know people wouldn’t go for it by why not make a higher motm but have Aa and focuses unlocked at launch. It seems like easily a 3rd of the people on aradune did this with the tov tickets. Not because they didn’t think they could clear the content but because it’s change from the boring flow of tlps
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Isn't this just what the Miragul server was?
    Heroic toons in HOT.

it does show it is at least technically possible.
    However...

i don't think it really brings in that many people; it certainly didn't on Phinny, and Miragul itself is a bit of a ghost server outside of one guild.

It's an unfortunate fact of the TLP lifecycle... late game is really down to the 'hold-out population' and new blood is very very rare, no matter what the inducements to join are. A new player looking for a server will always look for the busy servers... be it a new TLP, or if they want late game... a live server.

I applaud the sentiment to try and drum up some new life, but the harsh reality is that low population, late game TLP's are not an attractive proposition for anyone starting afresh :(
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Well, at the very least it would facilitate adding boxes or main swapping as attrition eats up required raid class composition.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

Very true.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah, but Truebox killed Miragul's chances of appealing to a much wider audience - after the initial flurry of interest it was left with just the one guild who re-rolled there, though it probably saved them as had they stayed on Phinigel they'd have collapsed a server only having one decent-sized guild 3 months after opening is a sad state of affairs.

A "Miragul without Truebox" would have been significantly more appealing, and its one more reason why I think Truebox should be switched off/removed once a TLP unlocks DoDH (if it started in classic).
  9. Digler Elder

I tend to agree with this. There is a fine line between over automation & bot army sillyness vs some simplicity in running an extra toon.

Really, if they had "quality" mercs for each class, that would be ideal. Effectively, that is what some of the "unnamed options" really provide. At least to me, for my purposes.

I don't want a full on army that I control. I just want to be able to run a Monk/Sham (or similiar) combo without a ton of work/button mashing and dedicated extra computer. A decent majority of the time, I'm playing with a friend, but for those times when we are both not on, it would be nice to make life easier.
    Skuz likes this.