TLP Ranger and LDoN Augs

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Bewts, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Bewts Augur

My bow collection includes Fire and Air EP bows along with recently obtaining the Tempest one from Time.

Looking forward to LDoN, I was researching augments and have found difficulty in identifying which, if any augments can be attached to the bows to improve their ratios.

I noted that both EP bows have Aug4 slots and Tempest has Aug8.

I was unable to identify any Aug8 that increase the damage of the Tempest bow, so I was curious:

Are there any augments that increase damage that will fit into Aug4 slots?

Everything I've looked at seems to be Aug5 or Aug6 that have damage bonuses of any sort. Am I missing something with aug4? I recall there being a discussion that EP bows actually end up better than Time with an LDoN augment...
  2. roth Augur

Its been AGES since I thought in terms of that gear level, but ...

As I recall, there were no bow-usable damage augs for a very long time, not until House of Thule or Veil of Alaris (I forget exactly). Your best bet really would be for a stat aug, and if you are rooting for your bow kiting, a proc that will not break root (a DoT without a DD, or a heal).

I personally was using lifetap proc augs in my melee weapons up until getting my hands on the 2+1 damage augs from Tacvi. But bows? Nada for a long long time.
    Bewts likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bewts likes this.
  4. Bewts Augur

We had a guild ranger mention that at one point the EP bows (Fire maybe?) were better DPS options than the Time bow (Tempest).

Assumed he was talking about LDoN drops but perhaps he meant GoD.

Definitely no Type 4 Augs for the EP PoP bows (or Type 8) in LDoN.
  5. fransisco Augur

back then, bow augs were only for stats.

Also, wasn't the air better dps than fire due to its faster rate?
  6. Bewts Augur

I thought as much too regarding air bows.

I run 3 rangers relatively equipped in identical gear.

I just got the tempest bow on one of the 3 rangers and I'm not entirely convinced fire is a lesser option. Air may be even better under TS for the same reason you cite.