TLP Quest Issue

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trammie Surprise, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Trammie Surprise Apprentice

Good morning EQ Team,

I am a returning player after a 20 year hiatus and really enjoying coming back to Everquest for this Mischief server it is a great time but I have noticed a rather large issue. With the rapid release of expansions certain quest cannot be complete in time for the next expansion due to the incredibly long respawn times of quest monsters. The quest I am currently working on is "the Regal Band of Bathezid" and it has "a shady goblin" that spawns once every 24 hours followed by "an angry goblin" that spawns once in 72 hours. At this rate only 20 players can complete this quest during the Kunark era. I think for players to have a fun rewarding experience in their return to classic Everquest these respawn timers should be scaled down drastically so that more people can come back and enjoy all the quest they wanted to as a child. I am sure there are many more quest in classic era's with this same issue.

Is there anyway you can fix this on these TLP servers so we don't have to spend the majority of our time back in this game sitting staring at a wall waiting for a monster to return? I've already put so much time into this quest hours upon hours getting my faction to warmly just to find out in order to continue down the line I need to sit with 5 other people staring at a wall and hope I'm the player to turn in my items fast enough. It's really not fun.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and making this great game! Have a great week.

Best regards,
    Jeffe Grande

P.S. if there is a feedback forum I should have posted this in I am sorry I couldn't find it.
    Syylke_EMarr and Stymie like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

They have changed the spawn rates on a bunch of epic mobs that had bottlenecks so there is precedent. However, they may not feel compelled to do the same with normal quest mobs. Part of the equation is that TLPs move so fast there often is not much payoff in doing some of those quests. The gear is outdated a couple of weeks later in many cases. There are always exceptions, of course.
  3. bardybard Augur

The ring itself is pretty useless come Velios.
    You can still get Spirit Wracked Cords via a multi quest... typically a guild will have ring that is used for this and passed around between members to complete the urn turn in.

You can also spawn picks of both WW and FM to get more goblins but the thresholds in those zones are pretty high.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

I think a lot of players would appreciate even more reduction on quest spawn timers. It's well within their power to make the changes, and they've been adjusting a number of them recently. Hopefully they'll continue to evaluate these type of requests.

My opinion, any mob that takes more than a couple of hours to spawn is too much. Staring blankly at pixels while waiting on a mob to appear doesn't fit my definition of gaming. Example, my evening allows for play from 7-9pm. If the mob doesn't show up I would have been better off fixing something around the house. :)
    Trammie Surprise likes this.