TLP PVP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Titanuk88, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Titanuk88 Elder

let zek die and start fresh
  2. Muramx Augur

3. Titanuk88 Elder

4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

JChan gave you Zek'ers a chance to muster numbers to justify a PVP TLP, and y'all couldn't. I doubt it will happen again, and really, hardly anybody wants PVP in EQ anyways. A short-term event server, like they did several years ago, might be more palatable, something that had a finite lifespan.
  5. thetruth New Member

I would play it
  6. Duder Augur

Because we all know Jchan makes well experienced, well thought out, 100% accurate claims and sound ideas... right? Jchan has no grasp on what players in Everquest want or expect, not to mention is entirely incapable of delivering finished/working products to the consumers as promised, so that example is severely misplaced.
  7. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Hey, what she did then was a well thought out effort to see if there were sufficient people interested in a PVP server, and y'all couldn't do it. I mean, all y'all had to do was log on at the appointed time. So yeah, all her fault. Something something victim, something something not my fault...

I've said it before, and I will say it one last time. Convince her to have a population/interest check again. Campaign to have non-Zek players create a character there and log on at the appointed time. I too will be there. Even though I will not ever play on a PVP TLP, I will at least support y'all in that.
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Shalom Quillmane Bane

I wouldn't mind seeing a new PVP server except force all the boxers to play there. For 2024 TLP make two servers. Both with the exact same ruleset except one is PVE and the other is PVP.

The PVE server will have 0 tolerance for boxing
    The PVP server will allow FULL boxing

Thus the boxers will all be forced to live on their prison planet and compete with each other. Leaving us to enjoy the PVE server.
  9. NImxat Elder

I don't think the 0 tolerance for boxers will ever happen. But a few boxers would play on a pvp server, just to prove that using 6 or more automated toons at once means they are better at pvp.
    Rijacki and Shalom like this.
  10. Fluid Augur

Well of course no one would ever think of cheating in EQ.

Odd the motivations. There are some great game players that don't need cheats, I know some. It's just when you allow RMT, YT streamers making bank, ... the monkeys come out of the jungle to steal your bananas.
  11. Shalom Quillmane Bane

What are you talking about, are you alluding to EQ players using aim bots lol. Bro what planet are you from.
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Aim bot, mage bot, is there a fundamental difference?
  13. GRACUS Lorekeeper

JChan gets one thing right every year in June.
  14. WeCameWeConquered Elder

Just let Zek die.
  15. Muramx Augur

Just because all 10 of you make this request doesn't mean anyone cares or wants time wasted on it. PvP on EQ is terrible and always has been. There is a reason they stopped doing updates for it around year 2 of the game. If you want PVP myself and other people can happily point you to games that have amazing PVP.

Like what was already said DBG gave the PVP community an opportunity to prove a PVP TLP was worth it by having people log in over a period of time and you couldn't do that. Then a couple years back you all mounted a "protest" if you want to call it that to log in and turn your names red on one of the TLP that came out and all of like 20 people showed up.

There will never be a PVP TLP server, because it's a waste of time and money. But I do agree on one thing... The Zek server needs to die.
  16. Jinkies New Member

Any chance of this happening is long gone.
    Shalom likes this.
  17. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Those of us who actually liked good PvP went to DAoC which got RvR right on a budget of 2.6 million! It was amazing from 2001 till 2005 or so!

The 10 of you EQ PvP tryhards, on the other hand, keep pining for it...did you try P99 red atleast?

I will now wait for mention of "skill" in EQ PvP, and then tell an amusing story.
  18. Tachyon Augur

true balanced pvp might work... no boxing, and everyone can only roll a human monk
  19. Wyndar Journeyman

News of Jchan's event didn't reach any pvpers though, just the forumquesters present here
  20. JeffHanson Augur

Everquest PVP will never work. It would just be a bunch of people using the map hack and warping all over the place.