TLP PVP Server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Faazed, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Faazed COO of CryptoPay by TritanPay LLC

Everquest PVP was not broken until after House of Thule.

In this fashion Everquest has missed pulling back thousands of players to join EQ and play TLP on PVP. Right now there are emulators apparently being used to do what I am talking about with thousands of players being there.

A TLP PVP server, could quite literally make a huge profit gain for Day Break. With old rules of coin loot at the least.

3 PVP TLP Servers should go up.

1. Hard Core = Rallos Zek version of old. Loot the corpse in pvp you kill for 1 item and plat. I'd allow boxing on this server, because... boxers would get cleaned up and taken to the bank by individual players and would be funny to watch.

2. Medium PVP = Vallon Zek rules of old. Short vs Human vs Dark with coin loot.

3. PVP Light = New Rules. Anyone can group with anyone, and you can pvp to earn pvp points. Those points can then be used to buy items from the pvp merchants spread arround throughout norrath cities, until PoP comes out. Offering expansion equivalent raid gear to help move progression forward as a reward for pvping.

Please consider this, as EQ still has the best PVP of any of the games out there, up to House of Thule, before it was completely broken.
    Jecht and Rebelicious like this.
  2. Bakamaf New Member

I would come back and play definitely if this went into effect.
  3. Sprke New Member

I would be so happy to this reestablished, I truly feel that Everquest PvP is poised for resurection. Just letting people know and put a tiny effort into the servers it would blow up!!
  4. Dreadhawk New Member

This would be something incredible. Why haven't they done it yet. Thousands left after the pvp mergers. I bet they would all be back including myself to relive pvp fresh.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. Bakamaf New Member

7. Faazed COO of CryptoPay by TritanPay LLC

Well, newer thread. The original thread that came from was discussing this, but it wasn't the main premises for the the thread. This thread is purely for discussing how the TLP PVP server should be made and whether there should be 3 tiers, Nightmare, Hard, and Medium.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Asking for 3 PvP servers when collectively PvP players haven't yet been able to show enough players to even convince the devs there are enough of you for 1 guild let alone 1 server.

delusional

adjective

1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
      "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
      • based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
        "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"
    Fenthen, Yinla and code-zero like this.
  9. Faazed COO of CryptoPay by TritanPay LLC

There are 2 Active Guilds on Zek Server Raiding... :p
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

It's almost like the Dictionary writer has been on this forum...
  11. error Augur

The obvious sock puppet accounts don't really help the argument that there's a demand for this.
  12. Rebelicious Augur

Yeah... I was there and went through it... Problem is... thousands left over 20 years ago... Everybody well and truly moved on. This is why I keep insisting the approach to PVP has to accomodate the lowered population interest. Instead of pushing out, yet ANOTHER server... push for extra PVP content on a standard TLP... allowing the ability to flag for PVP and turn it off... make special PVP events, encouraging guild v guild, group v group, 1 v 1... special drops as in pvp stat gear, titles, capes with guild logos... All of this WITHIN the confines of a higher population standard server... which would 1. attract red players and 2. allow blue players to jump in sometimes.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Bakamaf New Member

Actually most left after the Merger of Rallos, Tallon, Vallon, and Sullon which was not 20 years ago.

People didn't like the fact that the individuality of their own server was merging with with Weaker or Harder game players.

For instance, up until the merger , there were 3 tops guilds on Vallon Zek. These top guilds not only were raiding forces that would fight each other continuously , but they were also the moderators that kept things in order.

If they caught someone griefing or corpse camping, they would actually step in with alt toons or their mains and wipe the floor with whoever was doing it, until they submitted. Bringing in guilds from other servers breached that equilibrium and people ended up leaving, because with new pvp entering the arena and more top guilds competing there was no mutually developed relationships that had been garnered over years of fighting.

In this sense, It's why I said there should be 3 servers developed for TLP PVP. 1 Hard Core, 1 Medium, and one current standard. The pvp points didn't enter the scene until much later and then they dissolved continuing to make equipment for pvp points. Which made people leave as well.

Re-introducing the PVP point system to be able to reach Raid Gear from a Previous expansions, fills a hole in the current standard pvp rule set. Where as the other PVP TLP's would have Loot Items that are not no drop and coin on the Hard Core, and loot coin for the Medium.

I'd like to also add, that there should be under no circumstance, for the Hard Core and Medium PVP, Mercenaries Enabled. This is due to the fact that level 1 - 70 Mercenaries are so overly OP , that pvping at low levels would be insanely hard for any player to accomplish, which would kill the whole point of PVP.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ignoring the reality of just how few PvP players remain doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
    You would be better served actually trying to gather a force of real people across reddit, social media etc. who want a PvP TLP to show up and let the devs see what the numbers actually are instead of this empty dialogue the PvP fans constantly spew.
    Having a clearly defined ruleset to gather them behind would help too, else you risk just having a fractured & undermined attempt when the inevitable row about which ruleset to adopt breaks out.
  15. Bakamaf New Member

16. FeatherWeight New Member

This is a Substantial Argument.
    Faazed likes this.
  17. Faazed COO of CryptoPay by TritanPay LLC

Except I outlined a 3 server option, so people can try out each server to see which best they fit on. Example I didn't exclude mercenaries from the list of PVP easy server, because that's a "Care Bear" server. Meaning its part blue part pvp compatible server. Build and establish friendships at lower levels using mercenaries to keep you from getting pk'ed by group members and outside pvp until you have reached 65 cap where you can be taken out even with a merc with some considerable effort.

The progression of option 3 would also be swifter than the TLP Hard and Medium servers, as they have the point system which allows for purchase of Raid Gear type items , to help them progress faster. That means that there will be more tightly knit guilds ready at the moments notice to teleport to a zone to protect their members from losing pvp points, so that they can progress faster than other guilds. I think most people will end up on that Easy mode server that are blue. However those that liked pvp as it was, will end up going to the hard core and medium servers. These will be the people that will be live broadcasting their pvp kills on different platforms and engaging and re-engaging new and old players.

You need the hard core PVP content to attract those that want to try it. I have a feeling after the Care Bear server gets people to a point where they are encountering and creating strategy on how to handle pvp, that some will migrate to the harder servers to try.

The Care Bear server should be a FTP server, to get people engaged. The Hard Core and Medium servers should be Gold Accounts only. Special PVP events that they used to have , Best of the Best etc... can be held between the Two other Servers.
    Bakamaf likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:
  19. Faazed COO of CryptoPay by TritanPay LLC

:cool:
  20. Bakamaf New Member

There is no better argument!