TLP Planes of Power Bottleneck

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imukai, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

So we're about a full month into PoP on Mangler. Pickup raids and kind guilds are allowing all sorts of backflagging for casual players and the army of alts some people have made to catch up and play in the higher planes without needing to rely on the 80/20 "piggyback" clause.

One major bottleneck to fully enjoying the content remains. Medallions in Plane of Storms to complete the key for Bastion of Thunder access.

The lower named giants that spawn in the 3 camps every 6-ish hours are almost always taken by box crews that swoop in and out DPS any single group that may already be there, many of which do not need the medallions themselves and are only interested in selling loot rights to the medallions for 1 krono each.

That leaves the DZ, where only the three Lords spawn which require 3+ groups to handle. One DZ can provide keys for 4.5 toons. So 18 static people could theoretically burn DZs over a full month to get keyed. Those same 18 could railroad the groups in open world too, I suppose.

Alternately, and why I am posting -- please make a change so that the lower minis spawn in a DZ. This would allow the option of a group to go in and get everyone keyed, or a raid force to go in and get most of everyone keyed. A DZ shuts down after 6 hours, which means these boys never spawn as it currently stands.

The usual forum troll replies of "get a guild" or "pay for the medallions" or whatever other snarky reasons you have against this... you have a nice day.
  2. Trevalon Augur

This has been discussed ad nauseam on past TLP servers. The last time it was seriously debated was back on Phinigel and Absor came in and said under no circumstances were they adding these mobs to the DZ and put his foot down.

So, I wish ya luck, I hope ya get it done because it is ridiculous, but I tried this fight for many TLPs and Absor said no.
  3. Aegir Augur

On Phinigel, we might had been a bigger population to hit PoS - and many more guilds needing the medallions, but we also had multiple picks up and like 0 warping bot armies.

I don't play on Mangler, but I kinda get why they are asking for it again.