TLP Omens era Monk burn?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Mangloid, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Mangloid New Member

What’s the current monk burn? Let’s assume the monk has too 2hb and h2h weapons

Has a zerker, shaman, bard in the group
  2. Lisard Silly

so for Omens of War, first just let me start of by saying a lot of behind the scenes stuff has changed and been applied via passively and or through the AA window (class power etc) so im gonna attempt to put something together to how i think it would be ordered now compared to when i played through those expansions a lifetime ago. gonna be up to you to decide the order through parses of what works best in the moment for you. in these earlier expansions post luclin most your dps is gonna come from AA, things that come to mind are

Ambidexterity
    Veteran's Wrath
    Burst of Power
    Kick Mastery
    Punch Mastery
    Resonant Kicks
    Resonant Strikes
    Technique of Master Wu
    Weapon Mastery of the Katori
    weapon affinity

Spam buttons = Flying Kick, Tiger Claw (or eagle strike)
    ensure you are clicking your 2.0 epic prior to burns, pretty much always be using your epic click.

When burning, you should never "hold" your burns for any particular reason. you should "time" your burns - using burns earlier allows them to refresh quicker which means in some cases you can use them more then once on an event or raid. i know in the older expansions the cool downs are absurdly long but not by much. Innerflame/speedfocus are at 22m reuse, having your epic 2.0 equipped reduces the timer of innerflame by 8 minutes so you may want to lead off with innerflame on engages then proceed into Speed focus / heel or heel / speed focus depending on how the behind the scenes AA consolidation changed for that era.

1 - Heel of Kanji (Flayed Flesh Handwraps + epic 2.0) - reduces the reuse on your flying kick by 7 seconds, Flying Kick damage by 30% and chance to hit with your Flying Kick by 50%

2 - Speed Focus ( suggest maybe swapping to bone staff of wickedness during this, im unsure if it would outparse the handwraps and 2.0, but its possible.) - decreases your weapon delay by 56.3%, this is a Hundred Hands Effect, HHE's work by taking the larger decrease in weapon delay from any spell/buff on you (as in they dont stack with other HHE's), speedfocus even to this day (current live content) is the largest and most best HHE.

3 - Innerflame (Flayed Flesh Handwraps+2.0) - increases your hit and min hit dmg.

4 - Ashenhand (Flayed Flesh Handwraps+2.0) - boosts your Special Attacks by 150% (Flying Kick, Tiger Claw Or Eagle Strike depending on which strike ability your using)

lemme know how it works out for ya. good luck.