TLP- My future box and some questions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by bober, Jun 19, 2015.

1. bober Lorekeeper

Hey guys I've been messing around on rage fire for a week or two playing random toons til I finally figured out what I want to play.

So here is the plan so far, I'd like to know what you SK/tank pros think about this.

So when Kunark releases I'm going to roll Iksar SK and semi box him with a druid I'm playing currently. I havent been able to get into a class/race combo at the moment so I decided to go with druid, not because I think its the best option to box with an SK but because I think it'll help my SK get caught up to the higher end kunark content a bit quicker.

What kind of troubles will I run into with this combo over the next few expansions? I've never really played a druid. I've got an 80 druid somewhere that I've always used as a buff/heal bot but I've never really got too involved with him, I've usually just kept him in the background casting heals and buffs/dots.

I'm thinking that Shaman is probably the better choice for the majority of the game but I've been reading recently that druids have some pretty awesome ATK debuffs that are almost on par with shaman slows, so I figured with that my SK/Druid combo might be a bit weaker in the beginning but slowly grow stronger. Is this what I can expect?

TLDR
    I guess what I'm wondering is, how valid will this combo be for the near future on ragefire? I feel like after a few expansions I may end up having to box a shaman instead of druid but that seems like something I can figure out in a later expansion. For now the druid is levelling up to be a day 1 iksar power leveller and to provide the best gear possible for my new SK.
  2. Meneltel_Tormtor New Member

Long ago, SK/Shaman was a great combo to duo as players. If you can set up the boxed toon right, still be. SK and Shaman both use DoTs that don't clash, and Shaman can heal the SK and the SK can hold agro.

Just my suggestion.
  3. Riptide666 Elder

Shammy mana use is horrible until well geared (or have a chanter and bard in group). Expect to run oom a lot buffing. Though shimmies will eventually be awesome all around when better cannibalze spells are available.
  4. Isule Elder

Warrior is a much easier box for holding agro (less direct attention needed).
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Not on TLP.

Knights have a solid aggro lead over warriors for like the first 75/80 levels.
  6. Rhaage Augur

I'd level the druid and then use it to support an SK / SHM duo when kunark goes live.

For several expansions the shaman will be stronger in the group than a druid but having the ports available will be nice
  7. Brohg Augur

85/90, since hastening AA for our bread&butter agro abilities don't start in till VoA – before then we were only good once every 3 minutes with Blast, and only super once every 10 minutes with Projection+AET, but go on :p
  8. Greyowl Augur

Since you play a plate class, and slow isnt partially mitigated by mobs yet, you are better off with a slower class as box. ATK debuffs have a variable effect based upon the comparison of mob ATK to player AC. So, if youd play a monk as your tank, youd see much better results by ATK debuffs than with your Sk.