TLP Monk myths?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evertrek, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Finchy Augur

Agreed, I usually speak from a raider perspective as well. I as well view it as a form of CC for the most part, I also consider it an art form to be able to pull as a monk efficiently early game pre SoF/SoD. Sure with the changes that have been made over the years there are other classes that can be put into group makeup to void the need for a monk to pull. That's not the point I agrue/disagree with.

I do not disagree with this piece either. As mentioned above certain group makeups don't require a monk to pull non stop, however, that's not the point i'm disagreeing with. I'm simply saying no class can consistently pull non stop mobs into a group like a monk can, outside of a bard. I have mentioned before, bards get the ability before monks do, but i've been on TLPs since they made the change to ID and Fade so not sure how that effects the utility itself.
    pretty much agree with this across the board.
    at this era, yeah i would agree monks were struggling to pull their weight. There were only a few I knew of at the time that could hang with the changes being delivered. CC in other fashions was becoming a common. Speed (physically running) was a challenge due to the mobs innate speed
    can't agrue with the facts :). echo line was one of many to follow items provided to monks to allow us to keep up easier, ultimately allowing us slight advantages over time. I do recall your name involvement, fortunately your guild had a louder voice than mine. I voiced opinions and concerns, some were heard, others not so much.
    overall I agree with most of what you've stated. The disagreement is more so directly related to their ability to pull, not if it should be used or not. I've also played a monk pretty much my entire EQ career. I mained one from classic through CoTF, missing very little content. I then came to TLPs where I again mained a monk, and I will say, the changes made over the years really stand out on TLPs. There were a lot of things I didn't think about, or even consider until coming over here. In addition to the changes you were involved in, there were quite a bit more between SoD and CoTF that I believe pushed monks well over bards for pulling. Again, I haven't had the chance to play around with the changes to ID/Fade, but reading over and talking to a few monks that still play on live it doesn't seem as though it would change too much.

Respect for a sound post.