Tlp leveling 50-60

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pneumothorax777, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Bewts Augur

Odd. Leveling there on LJ and I had near zero engagement with folks. There was a safe-ish spot I’d camp out at before the lightning caller room and rarely came across anyone in the camp. I could have been a week or three behind the level surge though.
  2. Machen New Member

He asked the fastest way to level. Moving through a lot of different zones is never a fast way to level.
    Truetotheblue likes this.
  3. Truetotheblue Augur

Not only this but personally I really like stability and knowing what to expect when I'm leveling. I don't disagree that it's fun to jump around and see different zones and have different experiences. But I know I can be much more efficient with my group if I'm in one spot. I can predict the camp, I know what to expect from the mobs, I know what risks I can take, and which ones I need to avoid. If I'm grinding like this I want to stick to it for 5-6h and having that stability makes it a lot more sustainable and less prone to frustration with new experiences at camps. Again, not to say that jumping around isn't fun, just sticking in one or two spots does have benefits as well for some of us.
  4. Mercanyin Augur

Ok. So lets say he already is level 50. So he is planning to rush to 60 and then be bored for the next 2 1/2 months?
  5. Mercanyin Augur

I used to kill Giants in Burning Wood for a level or two.
  6. Mercanyin Augur

Ok. I don't disagree with that.
  7. Suzzy_Aradune New Member

This statement will not be true the first week of Kunark. Everyone in the know will have eyes on kennels since it is the BEST place to xp in kunark. Hopefully the "GM" is watching this camp closely in all picks. On previous TLP's it was not uncommon to have train wars over Kennels due to it's value for rushing to 60.
  8. Moranis Augur

I don't think the griefing came really until Agnarr. I spent basically every TLP down there (I was on Ragefire, not LJ though) and on Ragefire, hardly anyone even fought in Chardok except to AoE the upper area. By Mangler, Kennels was a sheetshow, at least early on in Kunark when everyone was leveling and Wardog Collars were being hoarded.
  9. Auze Neax New Member

I don't know. Likely raiding and getting VP keys.
  10. Gremin Augur

Tradeskills, raids, help my slower guildes level, chardok quests and few more things.
  11. Stratka Lorekeeper

Chardok is the best place to level from 50-60 in Kunark imo:
    • Three classes (Enchanter/Druid/Necro) can get a charm pet so it's easy to form a high dps group.
    • There are so many camps that are good for 52+
    Howling Stones is also fantastic (and you can form your own DZ for a dungeon crawl experience) but the key can take a while depending on the demand.
    Old Seb is okay but as others have said, once you hit level 53, you really need to go to King (almost always perma camped) or juggs (hard to get to and hard to get reps without a mage with CoH).
  12. Bewts Augur

No doubt about it’s value. Super easy to train there too - if that’s your style.

I loved that little corner of the world while I used it.

Good luck to the folks during rush hours on launch there. Don’t miss that for a minute.
  13. Pneumothorax777 New Member

Same I have 2 epic quests to do as an SK, so planning to get 60 in a couple optimized sessions then explore.
  14. Bewts Augur

Epic
    VP Key (Awful experience for many in-era)
    Raid
    Farm epic multi-quest items to sell for krono.
    Work on tradeskills if you want to be part of the Tradeskill rush in Luclin and POP.
    Begin building rangers to prepare for their OP status in Luclin / POP.

Plenty to keep you busy after hitting 60 in the first week.
  15. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Sounds like there won't be chanter/cleric/mage/wizard PL groups using monk/sk pullers to bring the majority of Chardok to the zone line here eh?
  16. Healiez Augur

This is something that generally cant happen until a few weeks into the expansion.

Chardok is going to have groups swarming it, and there just wont be enough mobs to AE pull. Even if you get a pick to yourself you might get 1-2 pulls out of it before people start moving into the prized camps that are taken in other picks.

Sure some AE teams will try to be toxic, and pull anyway. Pulling through groups and wiping them. Unfortunately for them, when your "pull" goes through a group and kills them it is now a "train", and if they catch it on video thats an easy suspension for the gm's. TBH training on video is the one thing they seem to be very swift about handing out suspensions for.

To answer the original question...

Juggs/reets with a good puller is ok
    Seb fungi's
    anything deeper in chardok (easily the best)
    Howling stones (can only support one good group)
    Another spot i never really seen mentioned. PoHate is actually really good exp until like 53 if its spawned (or even your DZ, yes i know DZ's have a penalty but its insanely minor).
    Undead tower in hole, but good luck finding it open.
  17. Kiaro Augur

Yeah, on Phinigel I had 0 problems in any camp in Chardok. Spent a solid 2x 15 hour sessions down by bank and kennels and no one seemed to make a fuss over competing camps.