TLP - Lets get this over with!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I-WANT-IT-NOW, Oct 9, 2019.

1. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Can you guys please have TLP’s on their own separate servers with their own builds? Like how test is and can in a different state then live so any updates can be made to one or the other exclusively. So every play fair and nerf that live doesn’t need or want isn’t dropped on us over tlp reasons just because. Wink “this isn’t because of the tlps” wink.
    Maedhros likes this.
  2. yosco Augur

Never gonna happen, but I would certainly support it. The changes that pop up in the patch notes out of nowhere always point back to something the TLPs are in an uproar over. I've never had issues on my Live server finding a camp open, and even if the camp I want is camped across a /pick or two, I just go to a different camp.

What I find MOST ironic, though, is the biggest advantage to TLPs (and Test, for that matter) ... the availability of Agents of Change ... hasn't been pushed to Live. Why not? If all the crap drama bs from TLPs get pushed onto LIve, why can't we also get at least one or two of the TLP perks?
    Allayna, Yinla, Raccoo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Funky Augur

agents of change on live would be amazing... would actually give me a chance to kill a boss are 2 in velious or luclin that currently is perma-camped
    Allayna and yosco like this.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

Well, the AoC's seem tied to truebox rules. So, I guess if your willing to take truebox on a live server they would probably be ok with AoC's. (at least, so far, they haven't released a server with AoC's without truebox)

Otherwise, I wish they had done that from the start. I really dislike all the changes made to live messing with how the game was back in the day, as much as you guys hate "fixes*" for tlp issues hitting your servers.

(*fixes aren't always better then the thing they are fixing)
  5. yosco Augur

AoCs are tied to truebox rules by policy.. nothing else. It's clear that policy at DBG can change rapidly given some of the fixes we've seen over time, so I'm not sure cognitively connecting AoCs to Truebox rulesets is valid. You identified a correlated relationship, not a causal relationship.
  6. Dahaman Augur

AoCs will get to live servers eventually on the back of the Phinny TLP (if not before). When is that, less than 2 years, right?

- will they strip AoCs from Phinny the live server?
    - will they strip true box from Phinny the live server?
    - will they populate other live servers with AoCs if Phinny keeps them if true-box is removed?
    - will they populate other live servers with AoCs if Phinny keeps them if true-box is not removed?

I'd wager 2cp they have those answers in mind today. I believe those answers will need to be determined and potentially made public before AoCs are ever added to live servers.
  7. Khur Sed New Member

What are Agent of change? What do they do?
  8. yosco Augur

I'm not so sure. The AoC was a solution to a problem that's always existed in EQ ... how to avoid guilds griefing each other for spawns of raid targets? Also, how to make it so that guilds can't just zerg old world targets with 100 players? I don't think it had anything to do with the ruleset of the servers. There is also a significant amount of time between a new TLP starting at original EQ/kunark and when it reaches the current live expansion... so much time, I'd guess, that answers to your questions wouldn't really be necessary.

Now, I do think they're probably considering that stuff NOW... but I'm not so sure it was thought about then.

As far as Agents of Change are concerned, they allow instances of your favorite raid targets so that you don't need to compete over an open-world spawn that might be dominated by one guild or another.
  9. Dahaman Augur

Phinny started 3.5 years ago with the first AoC. It'll be live server state in another ~1.5 years. They have to have the answers when Phinny goes live, even if not made public earlier.

I would not assume that they knew the Phinny -> Live Server AoC answers 3.5 years ago either, although I'd wager 2cp they at least had opinions about it then. I do wager that mighty 2cp that they have a relatively solid answers today though. Read: I'm only guessing they do. I do not know.
  10. Lianeb Augur

Are there even any open world target for raids past TSS?
  11. Qbert Gallifreyan

SoF has the last open world stuff for raids.
  12. Funky Augur

agents of change give you an instance of old raids (PoFear, PoHate,temple of veeshan, vex thal, planes of power gods/progression bosses, etc etc)

so if the boss your guild is after was already defeated by another guild, your guild can get their own private instance of that raid.

also, if your guild happened to kill the open world version, you can double dip loot by getting the instance and doing the raid there also.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. svann Augur

14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Another thing to note if my memory is correct is they give an account wide 7 day lockout
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

This should be a thing.. across all servers raids..