TLP idea 301

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silias McKendrick, May 24, 2019.

1. Silias McKendrick Augur

Live server
    But

Lvls/aa/raids locked to a characters achievements

IE if you want to lvl pass 50, have to have all classic raid achievements pass 60 all kunark and velious raid achievements etc
  2. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

How about a server where you can only advance past level 50 if you're in the first raid to ever beat Nagafen on the server.
  3. Silias McKendrick Augur

Could also tie in lower tier lvl raida from later expansions
  4. Lindartwo Derescue Journeyman

So what happens to the casual player?
  5. Silias McKendrick Augur

They can play selos
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  6. DeseanJackson Augur

Given the intensity of the initial debate and subsequent changes to the 20th TLPs, this made me smile.
  7. Trox2010 Augur

WTS Achievement Raid Unlock Spots 10 krono each spot.
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Inictus Elder

Haha - exactly!
  9. Silias McKendrick Augur

I'm sure that would happen. But at the same time out of era gear from named etc could be gotten from group stuff to help those that need a push.

Of course defiant gear would be locked.

But anything else is fair game.

IE boc blades could be sold from guilds that make it that far. It opens up a krono market for those that want to buy their way.

But at same time holds new players to a content flagging scenario. And if a top guild needed new player, they would have to repeat old content.
  10. Silias McKendrick Augur

The live xp rates would also cut down the wait time, because honestly, people don't play game to xp, they play to raid. DB only enforces xp penalty on us so they can make extra cash.
  11. Silias McKendrick Augur

And berserker/beastlord gear would not rot yay!
  12. Nolrog Augur

Here's an old terrible idea that we haven't seen in a while.
  13. Silias McKendrick Augur

No no, not same idea as live sever that has content lock. This is live server with character progression locked by achievements.
    But sure we can continue to do the same 4 or 5 expansions on each new tlp and never try anything new.
  14. Grailer Augur

Dumb idea.

A better idea is to have a TLP like the following.

1. Benefiting spells won’t work on players unless they are within xp leveling range.

2. Rare creature items wont drop unless you got xp. ( unless quest item )

3. One account + one character per IP address.

4. Harsh XP loss death penalty
  15. Silias McKendrick Augur

so... you want to play same tlp, just with them actually doing something about box armies... gotcha
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

This is a good example of why there are like 100 EQ emulater servers but only like 2 or 3 with more than 50 players.
  17. Nessirfiti Augur

Sweet, Time to hook up to a few of my neighbors unsecured wifi! :D
  18. Nolrog Augur

Do you even have to? I can do multiple IPs on different ISPs all of them my own.
  19. Arrk Augur

My 2 different ideas for a server...

Level lock server - All expansion are open at start. However, you are locked to era levels. IE 3 months of level 50. But with everything open you can go try it all... want to go to pop at 50... go try... See what people can really do...

War Effort Server - a Server where so many of mobs/items/etc need to be killed or turned in. Have a leaderboard showing who is doing the most to advance the server. For example, could need like 300 of each dragon killed in classic to unlock Kunark.... and maybe add in so many frog tongues need to be turned in.