TLP concept - noob rush

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Calzonae, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Calzonae Journeyman

Newly launched progression servers are always bustling with activity at launch and players are concentrated around a limited number of available low level zones to explore as a simple by product of everyone starting from scratch. I think we view this as a win.

How about this: progression server where the new expansion alters the level of current players down(or up) to the starting level of that content. For instance:
    Original EQ - all level 1
    Kunark - all level 1
    Velious - all 20ish?
    Luclin - all level 1
    PoP - all level 46?
    etc...

These numbers are abrituary but the idea is to concentrate the "newb" areas again for each expansion release in order to emulate a more true-to-era feel for each release (as far at group matching goes)

What about those player's whose only interest is in maxing? Maybe give them an option to opt out on a per character basis but limit the character's access to the newest released content (or something). I don't know... figure it out. It's a game, let them game it.

I don't know how to suggest handling of equipment progression (don't care either, I enjoy my twinks).
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So you get to level 50 in classic & everyone gets reset back to level 1 once Kunark unlocks?

Seems like an utterly stupid idea if so.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

May as well just start the server in Luclin.