[TLP Coirnav] Druid guidance

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Dobs, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Dobs Elder

Hey folks

I'd really like to pick you druids brains a bit. Being druid in PoP (current xpac on coirnav), groups aint exactly lining up to get you in.
    So i was curious about tips and tricks to soloing as a druid. Here i'm talking charm spots, quad spots, old(er) content, root/rot. Any tips and tricks and zones that might be useful, to get some exp going.

Also im curious on what box you'd prefer with a druid. Figuring the druid should be played as main, but i'm really open to anything. By that i mean controlling another character, and having the druid as the support character. I've been thinking something like Dru/Brd, Dru/Nec, Dru/mag.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2. Falldar New Member

Depends on how you want to play. Charming is amazing. Consider a cleric box for chealing your pet and for rezzing you when you inevitably die. At lower levels its easier just to nuke or root rot. But you can charm your way to 65. QUAD kiting is also feasible but you need a larger mana pool to make it all happen. I normally turn on LFG and charm kill till I et a group.
  3. Herbal_Remedy New Member

My 2cents, Head to plane of storms and charm the frogs in the forest area...they will summon and you will die a few times until you figure it out but once you do, the AA's will fly in. If you are thinking a box then go beastlord for many reasons.

Edit: the charmed frogs will not summon, but certain attacked mobs will. ie. snakes, giants, bears and treants.
  4. a_librarian Augur

Druid/enchanter is god. The CC tools the enchanter has to manage charm pets are extremely useful for a druid, especially since the PoP charm is an 8 second cast for some reason
  5. Goodn Augur

Frogs don't summon in PoStorms. You can either root/dot them OR charm em and attack other things. However, the other things DO summon so you need to be careful if not attacking other frogs.

PoStorms was my go to in the PoP era with my druid, but I'm not sure how the charm code changes would affect frog charming now. Should still be good xp, if a little slow, unless you attack non-frogs. The biggest problem with frogs is only 1 person can do it per instance.

I am also pretty sure you could charm the rats in PoJustice (at least I remember doing it at one point).

When GoD opens up, you can charm the animals in Natimbi...just watch out for that break. Nothing like getting smoked by a super-charged hynid.

As far as old content, I forget when the othmir turn light blue, but quadding those damn things was always fun. Pretty decent cash as well if I remember correctly. I think you could charm stuff in WW as well. I think I remember quadding skeletons in Umbral Plains for fun too.

Tips and tricks? Having the kunark dot arms is nice when you run low on man. When LoY opens up, you can get the savage spirit clicky for charmed pets. Always have evac loaded if Exodus aa down.

I'll leave the group questions to other.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Charm spots in PoP:

Solo Charm - Hurricane/Typhoon Loroks in Plane of Storms forest area. These frogs are always level 60, don’t summon, can be snared and charmed. Basically they’re the ideal solo druid content in PoP. The downside is there are only about 8-10 spawns of them.

After you exhaust these spawns you can go after more dangerous mobs like the snakes/Treant/bears that are non-KoS in the area. They are lower level (57ish) but they summon, and have some annoying abilities. The snakes proc a disease based slow which you can cure off your frog if you’re paying attention. For even better EXP you can fight the forest giants. If you’re doing this the only mana you should spend is on Karana’s Renewals outside of charm breaks. Everything else isn’t an efficient use of your mana. A charmed/hasted frog will kill them fairly quickly but when you have a charm break be ready to Egress or Exodus our. The giants proc a Mana siphons ability that will cut down 10+% each time it fires so you don’t really want to waste your time trying to channel a charm against them. Also unless you’re sitting in EP-Time gear you really can’t tank these for extremely long anyways.

Alternatively you can grab a lotion and go to the center cave in the zone all the frogs inside here summon but can be feared with the highest level fear spell. If you’re good at managing fear kiting and charm this is a decent option.

Solo Quad - PoFire Tables are obviously the best place but this is made far more efficient once you have a PoTime Terri’s Orb to click on each mob in your kite then cast quads and continue reapply the DoTs as they end. Halls of Honor is okay for quadding but no point once you get Fire flagged.

Duos - I would suggest either Druid/Enchanter or Druid/Cleric if you were on Agnarr where Charm remains powerful. Druid/Cleric duo does great in the Tactics pits with a Decorus Boar charmed or in the above PoStorms camp with a Lorok charmed.

If you’re going beyond PoP content I’d suggest probably a tank sort of class but unless you’re going to get raid gear on the tank I wouldn’t bother. I did Druid/Warrior and while its not ideal I’ve been able to duo damn near everything I’ve wanted to through SoD on Phinigel.
  7. Gana Augur

PoNightmare werewolves treated me well for charm killing back in PoP.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hey, hey, hey, this is a family-friendly site!!! ;)
    Shanarias likes this.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

My phone seems to disagree with me that Lorok is an acceptable word and decided to take over and assume I was talking about lotion. But that is an incredible quote.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Dobs Elder

Okay so time has passed and i've tried out a bit of everything. My main issue seems to be dealing with mobs that summon and pet breaks. I usually just evac out ASAP and run back. Have to be a better way

How do you deal with that as a druid? I also box, so another question could be, is ther a class the compliments druids in terms of dealing with summons? (Anything but enchanter or tanks)

Also, what mobs in PoN should i go for? Whats good for grinding there?

Thanks in advance