TLP and classic secret Cat-Rooms + the ideas behind?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aegir, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karreck Somebody

Imagine thinking you could sue because a GM ported you and asked you questions.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. brickz Augur

Meanwhile in the world outside of that poster's imagination, square enix, who runs one of the most successful mmos at the moment, has their GMs summon people to GM jail as standard practice

https://imgur.com/a/yne7YV5
    Karreck, Kaylandra and Nennius like this.
  3. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

i recently had one of my boxes feared in Griegs End, and it ended up in one of those LOC rooms. Was quite funny.
  4. Ebine Augur

I was playing around outside Velketor's Labyrinth. I went to the room just off the side on the way in.
    Put myself in the corner turned into a gnome and jumped up and down. Wound up in a room under.
    GM was like how did you get here. I was like I don't know. He had to summon me out.
  5. Kaylandra Some Dumb Druid

And yet.......

Why haven't they been sued into oblivion yet? What about the "Court of Public Opinion"? Where is the mass player outrage over such abuses?

Oh yeah, rational people don't care about such a minor issue.
    Karreck and Nennius like this.
  6. Rogean Master

The reason these rooms existed was because they are location 0, 0, 0. If the zone didn't have reachable geometry at that location, a room was put there. Back in the day, GM/Guides would go to 0, 0, 0 by default when using the /zone command, instead of the safe coordinates (Which they go to now). Using the rooms for putting players in time out or investigation was a secondary use.

Some of these rooms have text that say something like "coor 123 123 123", this was a reference for GM's to use the /coor command to port to the coordinates on the wall, which was usually the "real" zone in location.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Interesting tidbits there.
  8. Blastoff Augur

Did you really just compare getting interrogated by a gm in eq to someone showing up at your house and kidnapping you? Scroll up, people have nothing but fond memories of this. You are a silly person.
    Kaylandra and Nennius like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.