TLP AA Rate Bump After the TSS XP Bump?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dahaman, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Dahaman Augur

Is there an expansion that bumps the AAxp rate for TLPs to match live servers?

I know at TSS that the XP rate is supposed to match live servers (for most TLPs). However, at SOF expansion, the AAxp rate is still MUCH slower than live servers. I'm thinking there must be an expansion that boosts the AA rate to match live servers. I just don't know which.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Data:
    Bristlebane level 61 (437 AAs assigned) killing a level 53 mob (PON spider) = 28.737% AA
    Coirnav level 61 (467 AAs assigned) killing a level 53 mob (PON spider) = 6.677% AA
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Nope. Your experiencing the catch up mechanic on live, which is you have 400 AA out of 40k. On TLP you won't get that disparity until TBM era with a fresh toon.
  3. Dahaman Augur

I asked on Phinny. The answer was "maybe House of Thule".

So the answer is that there is an expansion that changes the AAxp system to live on TLPs. But which expansion is still a potential question. TBM? HOT? Some other?
  4. Jaera Augur

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Spells,_Songs,_Disciplines,_and_AAs#AA_bonus_scale

This seems to indicate that this takes effect starting in House of Thule, however it looks like it was manually adjusted upwards later in Veil of Alaris.

Unless the devs put in a code change to handle this for later expansions, which I doubt given the existence of auto-grant introduced during TBM, it looks like VoA is probably when this AA acceleration for low #s is put in place.
  5. Verb New Member

iirc the catch up mechanic goes live in HoT and scales to 4K immediately now. I was over the cap on phini when HoT launched but a lot of guildies caught up very quickly that expension. Plvling to cap and using it to buy late era AA before auto granting is also still a thing, but requires the resources to do so and is honestly not worth the effort after heroics are unlocked. Xp takes another huge jump in EoK era as well, but falls off again in RoS. During EoK with server bonus running, 800+ AA lesson burns were a thing, now, I’d say 300-350 is about the max (no server bonus though). This requires an extremely aggressive tank, healer and stacked dps.
    Skuz likes this.