TL:DR Appreciate your people, it makes a world of difference

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Elyssanda, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I really am going to try to keep this under a 500page book, but a thing happened..

90% of the time, I am in a caster group (non-wizzie) that can have druid, me, chanter, mage mage, necro; or druid, me, chanter, necro, necro, necro; or druid, me, mage, necro, necro, ranger, or whatever other strange caster group may happen due to who shows up.
    the other 10% of the time (due to other bard attendance) I may be in the main tank group, the alternate tank group, a melee DPS group, a group with a healer and 4 rangers....(once a year I get the random wizzie added in, but not for a whole night normally) whatever.. Like State Farm, I've seen a few..

My normal druid healer and I have been discussing how to optimize things depending on the group situation off and on for a while because for our group it's not normally the same as for the other groups (yeah I know, no brainer but some bards don't like dealing with caster groups, so they don't care to make things better for casters) we asked to talk to GL after raid to chat about it with us.

He did, we did, and then at the end, he gave me a sincere appreciation compliment. He has no idea what his words meant to me. I'm never the top parsing bard, (also never the lowest). I worry all of the time about am I doing enough to help my guild and my friends, am I doing everything I can be doing, how can I do better, what can I change that may help whatever group I am in do better, am I doing my part to the best of my abilities? (I know that last is a run on sentence, but that's how it all runs together in my head)

My RL work can be joyful/stressful/happy/scary/boring/uplifting/heartbreaking and any other emotion and adjective you can think of about dealing with injured patients/ elderly patients/ end of life patients. EQ is my escape.

So his compliment, it meant the world to me.
  2. Jolav Journeyman

Good stuff, it was your Raid lead that you gave you the compliment or your group Druid?

Either way its nice to hear because Bards are always wanted but never appreciated much. You picked a good class since you seem to genuinely like to make others better :)
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

It was my Guild leader.