Tips and tricks for 3 boxing OMMs.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Craized, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Craized Lorekeeper

So I just got my third character on phini to level 80 last night and I did my first OMM with my 3 box.

I won’t lie, it was pretty traumatic. There were deaths and all in all it took me almost 3 hours to do sol b.

Most of that was down to learning the new classes abilities and learning new hot key setups and I’m confidant that I can at least half that time when I try again tonight.

My question though, is with regards to the actual zones and classes setup and the actual OMM setup itself. What little tips and tricks do people use? What time saving techniques do people use? What boss order do people kill in etc?

I’ve been using the pakcafan guide so far and it’s good, but it doesn’t go into specifics, and I’d like to know what other little things people do to get through these zones that isn’t mentioned in the pakcafan guide.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  2. Spooky Augur

3. Mithra Augur

Create mage & necro pets. Give them pet buff and DS. Clarity enchanter & mage.

Enchanter is your puller, use all of his mana on pacify, mez, memblur, and stuns. You want to pacify and pull your target solo as much as possible, mez and memblur extras.
  4. Craized Lorekeeper

So you recommend a chanter mage necro setup? I used chanter mage Druid last night for the heals. How do you deal with lack of heals? Keeping mobs stunned as much as possible?

I also found that finding good spots to solo pull was a bit of a pita in sol b because of mob placement and wanderers.

And you recommend not using charm? Just relying on mage and necro dps?
  5. Took2summmit Elder

Dont under estimate the power of necro heals! They're more than enough once you get in a groove in OMMs.
  6. Xhartor Augur

Soloed him recently on a 93 SK.
    Cure disease pots were great, used the adds to heal with epic.
  7. Random newb Augur

Necro mage chanter is solid setup, you could replace the Necro for a shaman to get sow on liveside guk plus better dots. But that's up to the individual.

For solb dmf or see invis Necro and run them to first bat to get harvester asap. Saves time later, one dot should kill it then fd any bats you might get. Recommend group resist magic on top of the buffs mentioned. Always helps.

Don't bother pacifing greens, they don't come when pulling due to level difference. Fight Noble where he spawns mez memblur as needed for adds.

Fight kpc in champ room, charm a mob in there and ae mez the mess to start off. Once you've got that done paci any lblue in King priest and charm king, this will agro priest and they'll come right to you. King will harm touch priest, less damage for you to take and do.

Nox will path into Hall past first bat, kill him there. Stone spider can fight in his room, hug left wall when coming in from tunnel by lava.

Take lava to death beetle, kill him in Hall ramp.

Charm pathing imp for freeti. Dispell his DS
  8. Random newb Augur

Also a very good choice if you can pull it off.
  9. Craized Lorekeeper

Cheers guys, some good info here.
  10. Craized Lorekeeper

This is money. Thanx!
  11. Aegir Augur

Moving around Invis and IVU through these OMMs can be tiring and risky. In the instance of Liveguk, having enough faction, makes you move around to the nameds without having to Invis.

However, getting faction by killing a zillion of Frogs in Sebilis or deadside Guk can be a grindy adventure.

In the Troll City of Grobb. There are 2 GM NPCs called Mulg and Prashnak. They are both in the Bst/Shm Guild area as shown in this pic (Prashnak is just in the area behind that door):
    [IMG]

They have 5 min respawn and gives +150 Live guk faction pr kill. However, they have 2mil hp but can barely hit you, so fill out the rest of your slots with DPS mercs and you should be able to lock em down until the other respawn.

Like half an hour of kills made my friend's Monk alt go from Scowls to Amiably.

Good Troll Hunting!
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  12. Random newb Augur

That guy with the faction advice is the real hero here. Live guk is pretty simple make your worst factioned toon chanter and they can use alliance for faction boost. Possibly is benevolence, I personally charm pull priest and crusader out of the area to a hall, pacify lbues.

Undead find and use Necro pacify, lasts like 3 minutes. Has a level cap so may need to chanter pacify mobs by ghoul Lord.
  13. Craized Lorekeeper

Cheers aegir. I hadent even considered faction.

Do you take faction hits while killing in OMMs?
  14. Starr Elder

No
    Craized likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Mainly run the Live Guk one. All silk classes (mage, necro, wizard, chanter). Heals are not an issue. Mobs die fast enough that you don't take that much damage and you can use rune to help out, and you can sit and heal up if you need to, which is once during the mission.
    Craized likes this.
  16. Nizune New Member

I always use chanter/mage/cleric for all three OMMs and it works great. I'm mainly playing the chanter/mage and just drag the cleric along for heals as needed. The only thing I wish I had was snares but I found complete heals more useful. When fighting mobs that run at low health, I just pull an add that I can root near the mob so it doesn't run. You can then mez and memblur the add and move on afterwards.
  17. Craized Lorekeeper

So I’ve been doing OMMs for about a week now, and while I’m still not super fast (I’m averaging about 40-50 mins per run, I’m definately improving and tightening my game as I go.

I’m starting to understand the power of enchanters.

I’ve found that there’s three different strategies that I’ve been employing depending on each named.

There’s:

Enter the room on top of the named, get mage to attack with pet, control adds with mez while mage and pet take the hurt. Then focus nuke named till dead. Mez, memblur and Invis up any remaining adds method.

Pacify single pull and burn method.

Charm and kill method (only use this one for efreeti lord djarn because he’s a tough nut, everything else can be handled with the above methods easily enough).

The factioning tip aegir gave me was gold, it really makes Lower Guk an easy run. So cheers again for that one.

I am still using the Druid over a Necro or cleric though because I like sow and heals really help on those not quite perfect pulls.