Tiny hit boxes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Killing wurms in Kael. I have to stand inside the mob to be close enough to Disarm. What's the point in the tiny little hit boxes on fair-sized mobs? Irritating to say the least.
  2. Siddar Augur

Some of the quest mobs in the zone are belly casters as well, like King Tormax and irritating isn't a strong enough word to describe that.
  3. Bendi Lorekeeper

We have that problem with some of the mobs in VoA as well, i have to be almost inside of them to be in range for melee/backstabs
  4. Astehroth Elder

Welcome to Everquest
  5. Tobynn Augur

I generally consider it a problem when the mob can hit me, but I can't hit back because I am too far away. I mean, I understand the discrepancies when I am squaring off against a huge mob like a dragon. I get it -- the dragon's reach is far longer than mine -- but when I am toe to toe with a sporali and cannot hit the thing unless I stay in head-butt range, that's just wrong and highly annoying.
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

Wurms ≠ disarm anyway.

What I dislike more is that the range mobs can hit you and the range you can hit them is widening along with that crappy hitbox AND pushback. So now the mob pushes you a little and suddenly you're "too far away, get closer! x300" but they still have no problem munching your face.

Then you back up a little to see if they "rush" at you which places them well within attack range, but they just stand there freely whacking away while you're now even farther away from melee range to them. At this point you scream obscenities in OOC or shout to make yourself feel better. (that's what I do anyway)
  7. Iila Augur

Shrinking yourself twice should stop the range conflicts like that. If won't improve the hitbox size, but should prevent them from reaching your hitbox while you can't reach theirs.