Tinkering

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 21, 2018.

1. fransisco Augur

So I've decided I hate myself enough to work on tinkering.

I know after 220 it starts to get much harder (cant use simple acrylia ore anymore).

Can anyone recommend the path they used (that hopfully isn't 1k of vendor parts per combine).

Thanks
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

It's a bit of farming, but elemental bow cams will take you to 282 and the completed bows are useful for tribute.
    E'cian Ice Bow Cam

Depending on your stocks of sunshard ore silver conduit caps have a trivial of 302
  3. svann Augur

If you have done the merchant alliance quest then black powder bombs are really cheap. Setup a buyer to get the black powder pouches.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  4. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I did the bombs as well as the alliance crossbows. Lumber planks and black powder pouches.
    Tick tock bomb blast, too. (Planar shards)
    minimind likes this.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

Back when I did tinkering the sunshard ore was non-existant. I would second the planar cams if you can't make the alliance stuff and sunshard isn't in the cards either.

In particular, while not the most popular for actually making bows (because the fiend gut is awful to farm), the Plane of Fire ore is far more plentiful than the others, in my experience.

http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=6574&menustr=035000000000
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

When tf did you become a gnome Winnovic?! Mind blown ;)
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Duh should have made a gnome mage w. Rocket Boots...
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Agree with the above the bombs are the best route if you have done the alliance quest. There are some rather expensive combines you can do from merchants in barren coast also but it gets rather expensive but will limit farming if plat is not a concern.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

A few months ago - I can't remember exactly. I was looking at the Artisan's Prize, and decided that if I did the research and changed to a gnome and did Tinkering, Winn would be able to do 11/12 of them. So I did.