Time's like this take me back to the old days with Verant/Sony....

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Draconum, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Draconum Elder

...People would flock to the community pages and ask when the servers would be up after the patch to fix the patch and the answer was always the same.

Soon ™

All that intoxicating nostalgia.
    TheFreak likes this.
  2. Baykun New Member

yeah, and losing our CC infos ... what great memories ...
  3. Elskidor Augur

2 or 3 weeks of being offline was sad times. At least got like a week or two of double xp after the big SOE hack.
  4. Krue New Member

If SOE were updating the servers like this, I'd expect the downtime to last a couple days.

If the current skeleton crew of devs get things running tonite, I'll actually be impressed.
    Moedean likes this.
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

People seem to really not understand the whole skeleton crew thing. We're lucky we're getting updates, in any form, at all.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Lollgoff New Member

This is exactly like the old days, get a patch to patch the patch. 3 days later, half your stuff is missing and it starts all over again.
  7. Eriadoc Elder

Meh, stop breaking stuff in the updates and you'd find fewer things to update. I think if they stopped patching old content at this point forever, we'd all be just fine. Just take your skeleton crew and work on new stuff. Leave the old stuff alone.
  8. svann Augur

One time they rolled a bunch of people back several levels because the server forgot they had bought the latest xpac or 2. Took a month to fix that, and in the meantime I could get no xp. Yea, good times.

Seriously though, we had to expect some issues. The change to /useitem is huge, plus a 10 hour scheduled patch indicates a big change.
  9. Aetheryn New Member

Somebody probably tripped over a cable.
  10. Kolani Augur

It's that True Classic Experience, the TLPs should be rejoicing.
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

LOL Velious Rollout loves you man.
  12. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

I miss everyone heading to the Chatroom that was there when you launched the game, but before you went to server select. Now THAT is nostalgia.
  13. svann Augur

chat room still there, still used (when servers are down)
    A_New_Cleric likes this.