Time frame for revamp of Necro and SK DoTs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raisethedead, Jun 12, 2017.

1. 7thNecro Elder

I enjoy the complexity of the necro. It adds a huge depth to the performance. That would be gone if every necro could line up the best single spell bar and perform relatively well. I also don't see it as a roadblock, it isn't terribly painful to learn, especially if you snag yourself a teacher from the class channels.

Its been a slow change over many years to get to that point, as dot extension grew longer, there become down time that created opportunity to begin spell swaps to get that extra 1-2 dots in, that eventually grew to where it is now. I would compare it to melee classes learning to "cast" with all their discs, and learning ordering and stacking. It's only daunting if you try to do it all at once. I DON'T think it is too complicated for a new necro to learn. The learning curve levels out pretty quick once you get over the initial hump, it isn't uphill forever.

That being said, the group game is almost like playing an entirely different class. I'd rather see the swift lineup expand a little to maybe 4 or 5 (or, even make them last 4-5 ticks instead of 3) than to change the foundation dots. Just my own opinion from 15 years of necro'ing.
  2. Leigo You come here often?

/Attack, taunt, stun.. hi agro
  3. Leigo You come here often?

I play an SK, love my little life sucker.
    If they want to change harmonious at all, make it a defensive proc. Mob wacks u it get hit with a mini terror. Single target. No counters.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I guess SK's should ask for group heal spells and warriors should ask for FD, and then they can also ask for the ability to heal and cast spells and then we can have three classes without any identity. They all just do the same thing at the same efficiency but we call them different names. Ask for more if you feel your class is lacking instead of asking that others get crap taken away. It just results in watered down diluted game play that turns people away.
  5. Axxius Augur

Would definitely be nice if Necros didn't require 1215 buff slots on the mob. Right now they are so screwed it's not even funny. We used to ban non-necro dots on raids so that our 4 Necros could stack all their dots, but now we just can't ask the superior dot classes to leave some room for the poor Necros. :(
    draginn and Jhenna_BB like this.
  6. JPete Lorekeeper

Don't you fret Necro's.

After the zerker "adjustment" tomorrow, the only ones left standing at the top of all parses will be the Necro's. Give it a month or so and they'll finally give you your DoT revamps with a swift chop at the knees.

Anyone that actually knows things, knows that Necro's are the only rivals right now for Berserkers on raids. It may not even be close after the patch hits.

Your only hope now that the focus may shift away from zerkers is that there are an absolute TON of awful Necro's out there, so most probably don't even realize just how big of a powerhouse you can be when played properly.
  7. Aderahl<RF> New Member

Personally I'd prefer that they leave necro dot line stacking as is. I don't want it to be trivial to dps well.

Instead they should fix their silly static allocation of buff slots. Make it dynamic depending on what kind of mob it is. I.e., as an example, 50 if it's regular trash, 300 if it's a raid boss.
  8. fransisco Augur

umm... stuns are not the agro people think they are.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

Best part about a stun is even if it's resisted you get stun agro. They work quite well. I have a pally too, but I prefer the sk for boxing
  10. fransisco Augur

yup, a stun is a small amount of agro.
    But if you regularily stun a mob with good dps, your gonna lose agro.
    Unlike SKs, paladins can't afford to not cast agro spells. They don't have the luxary of dots and that harmonious.
  11. Leigo You come here often?

What SK dots? I never dot.. that's just silly. Harmonious is something I use for large pulls or named, otherwise I don't have it up. So from that it's pretty much not used. If you're having that much agro issues you really should ask around for better agro sets. Pally has no problem getting and holding agro.
    Now if you ask I'll toss a voice of Thule on you and that should help.
    Or hey, if u have a do getting too much agro you could always use Marr on them! Asking that pally get the same thing as sk is ridiculous.
    Or asking for SKS to be nerfed. Really, be constructive. Ask that pally stuns get a agro bump instead.

Luxury of dots and harmonious.. that is funny.
    You're a healer/tank. Pally is more adept at group survival. That's like sk asking for splash.
  12. Chaosflux Augur

Stuns are terrible aggro there's multiple abilities that are more aggro per second and aggro per recast.

The only one that is useful is (arguably) Ardent Force since it doesn't share a recast with any of the good spells. Even then if your paladin is stunning instead of nuking. You aren't playing it right.
  13. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Man...I've not played for something like 5 years and they STILL have not fixed raid mobs having too few detrimental slots for dots/debuffs?

That's craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.
  14. menown Augur

/Bump

This needs addressed before next expansion release. Devs will be too preoccupied with working on the new expansion 3+ months out, and they will be doing nothing but fixing bugs 2 months after. The Necro/SK Dot changes needs to happen THIS SUMMER!
  15. kizant Augur

I'm betting it'll be a huge nerf.
  16. Aelen Augur

Shouldn't be. Wouldn't be surprising though. Nor would a buff. Nor would a sidegrade/rework.

At this point about the only thing I think that can surprise me is actually seeing it get done.
    Sancus, Brohg and kizant like this.
  17. ShadowMan Augur

Necros should have been first but despite that it should have still happened already. By trying to wing it they only made the problem worse and then were clueless with shaman and druids. Still with druids and Chromatic Haze giving them 7,000,000 dot tics at times.

Its gonna end up making group necros better and probably screw over raiders for awhile.
  18. GoldenFrog Augur

What reason is there to not have Harmonious up 100% of the time. (Outside of specific raid events you don't want agro).

It's a free powerful life tap firing off regularly.
    It's a free powerful AE agro firing off regularly.

I understand to each their own but this is the first I've ever heard someone not using it on purpose. There's few self-buffs more powerful and versatile than this one at present.
  19. Siddar Augur

On agro issue by tanks ill just say I find their current agro amazing. I can DoT away for 15 minutes straight on a raid and never move the agro meter off 1%. No FD required and I'm still ether at the top of the parse are near it.

Honestly I think that is ridiculous.
  20. Leigo You come here often?

I don't even know any sks that use dots right now, including myself.
    So a Nerf to them wouldn't hurt us.. necros are the ones I'd be worried about.