Time frame for revamp of Necro and SK DoTs?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raisethedead, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Raisethedead New Member

Hello,

Would it be possible to hear about the time frame for the planned revamp of Necro and SK DoTs?
  2. fransisco Augur

Given that SKs recently recieved dps nerfs (and are probably in line for another), I wonder how the whole dot thing will go.
    They also are due for agro nerfs too (looking at you harmonious).
  3. Leigo You come here often?

Hush! War are still far better at agro. No reason to Nerf something that only gets used in group content.
  4. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

The game works like this, the long awaited revamp will appear on test before it hits live servers. So check everytime they update test, if it doesn't contain the necro changes, wait 2-3 months, check again.

Btw most other games roll out skill changes that don't take years to come out.
  5. Angahran Augur

Heaven forbid SKs have anything useful, gotta nerf everything they have. Lets take away their ability to use weapons or wear armour, thats way overpowered. Enough with the nerfs already.
    If you think your class is weak, suggest improvements, don't try to nerf other classes just so you feel better.
    Alekzandre, Aurastrider and Leigo like this.
  6. High Voltage Augur

Nobody cared to give you the actual answer, which is just "no". Hold back your tears and move on.

Just as a side note - the DoT changes transformed two healer classes into dps monsters. Now, if Necros and SKs profit the same way, that would be a desaster.
    I'd rather see the devs taking their time and doing this right.
  7. fransisco Augur

Weak?
    Sks can cast a single spell, and hold agro soo tightly on multiple mobs that a paladin cannot pull a single one off without a 100% agro holding ability
  8. sojero One hit wonder

Good lord fransisco learn to play better. Our pallies have no issues with agro, and we do have sk that use harmonious at the wrong times. Also quit asking for nerfs as it is against the forum guidlines and not beneficial to anyone. I would say be constructive as the forum guidelines ask, but I dont think you could.

Nerf Calls - Openly calling for "Nerfs" (blanket reductions to abilities) is not allowed. If you feel something is overpowered or needs to be toned back, post your constructive comments and explanations.
  9. Agrippa Augur

Meh. I play a paladin main and normally don't have agro issues when tanking. I don't raid anymore, but if I were assigned to tank something and an SK or War really wanted to press their single win buttons, that's on them and the extra mobs that they get from doing so are their responsibility now. Stances are what really broke all of the tanks. It doesn't surprise me at all that tanks also have broken agro abilities now, too.
  10. fransisco Augur

Talking about something being overpowered - is this not a call for a nerf?
    Pointing out that SKs have better dps and agro than paladins - this is constructive. Unless you play an sk, then you call it a nerf call...
  11. sojero One hit wonder

12. Eangel Elder

The hate is strong with this one. I remember fransisco vehemently defending the lifetap proc nerf a few months(could have been longer) back.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't forget that our warrior overlords actually have two of these dumb buttons, btw.

Uhh, aren't SK's traditionally supposed to do both of those things (aggro and dps) better than our unicorn riding brethren? Even in eras where Pal single target aggro was king, SKs were still close behind there, and light years ahead ae wise. One could argue hate generation, while not an actual role, was one of the only unique things we do, especially at the raid table.

You're acting like there's some massive conspiracy/injustice because of a couple of new, poorly designed passive AE abilities that a lot of the community complained about immediately upon seeing them in beta in the first place. The devs ignored that feedback and here we are. Remove and replace them and balance looks a whole lot better, not that a few tweaks couldn't make it better overall, though, as always.
  14. Angahran Augur

And paladins can cast resurrect the dead.
    Your point is ?
    Different classes are meant to have different abilities.

Pointing out that Paladins have better heals and stuns than sks - this is constructive. Unless you play a paladin, then you call it a nerf call...
  15. Angahran Augur

Unfortunately, over the last several expansion, anytime SKs got anything, the Paladins have kicked up a fuss and basically got the same, in addition to whatever they were already getting.
  16. Thancra Loladin

It's simply not possible to generate more aggro. The spells available don't allow that.

Aggro? no. That's the way tank classes are doing their job, 1 class shouldn't vastly overpower the other in that area, or the weaker one will simply not be able to fullfill its job (that isn't healing and curing, that's not what the class is meant for primarily).

Cotf: Your deflection spell is better than ours (though it's quite different use), TBM, your dichotomic is vastly better than ours, EoK, your disharmonious is vastly better than ours. What are you talking about?
  17. Chaosflux Augur

You forgot Reaves Bargain too Thancra lolol

/ducks

To be honest SK's were a joke class for awhile it's not bad they got one or two bones thrown, but I would like legitimate Paladin issues looked at without calling for a nerf.

Good luck getting your DOT revamp I am sure it will happen Soon (tm).
    Alekzandre likes this.
  18. Chaosflux Augur

Aggro is a primary function of being a tank and needs to be balanced relatively close similar to mitigation.

Now rez is a secondary (at best) ability, so it needs to be compared to the SK secondary abilities like corpse summoning, FD, etc.

At the end of the day both classes are tanks so aggro should be within a certain bandwidth, secondary abilities used to add flavor. Your argument that because we have rez and that makes it ok to be less than in our primary role is abit obtuse at best.
  19. Angahran Augur

If you're comparing 'secondary abilities', don't skimp.
    Paladin: rez, stun, group heals, group (aoe?) cures, buffs, thi list goes on...
    Shadowknight: Summon corpse, FD...

Yeah, I can see how those are comparable.

The only bone' SKs got, way back when, was agro, it was out 'thing', until Paladin's threw a total tantrum and demanded it too.
    Alekzandre likes this.
  20. Chaosflux Augur

Lol when was aggro your thing? You mean AE? Sure that was and still is.

But single target? Nope. Your terrors were garbage before the recent set of revamps.