Time for another agro thread...post melee dps patch.

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Nightops, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Nightops Augur

Anyone else notice a harder time keeping agro since the lastest change to melee dps?

Arx raid trash were extremly hard to control last night as a paladin.

With melee classes benefiting from the lowered ac and now the new AA lines increasing sustained melee dps, could the melee classes be generating more agro via their regular melee dps? If so, is that extra agro something to look at or warrent an increase in the agro generation of the tanks.

I'm not calling for more for certain classes... but instead for people to take a look at agro generation across the board. It might be time to adjust the agro amounts on spells, AA, and procs.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

No.

Agro is NOTbased on how hard you hit for or how often you hit. Melee only do agro per swing (hit or miss) and its based on dmg of weapon and damage bonus on weapon. That is why even a miss generates agro, but no the patch did nothing to agro.
    Zarzac, Fenudir, Brogett and 2 others like this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I have not noticed any changes like that.
  4. Repthor Augur

like the others have said aggro isent based on how hard you hit it based in wepon ratio and swing oppertunitys + aggro spells/abilitys

patch changed nothign aggro wise
  5. Ravengloome Augur

You were probably just being lazy. Or since the changes maybe your DPS was actually trying.
  6. Nightops Augur

Nope, can say it wasn't due to being lazy.

would the proc changes be a factor in agro generation for melee dps classes?
  7. Riou EQResource

Only if their proc rate raised significantly. From what I parsed on Test this wasn't the case, it was basically the same.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Besides the proc changes that would have effected this were quite a while ago.
  9. Brohg Augur

Recent proc changes to allow multiple to be worn / fire together were a biiig backdoor nerf to caster agro management. Hella noticeable as a wizard, I have to concuss & fade a million times more than before. Not complaining exactly, btw. Worth it. But it's real & significant.
  10. Tearsin Rain Augur

the thing that pisses me off even more is that ever since the patch, my jboots are slower.
    Dersk and Dzarn like this.
  11. Repthor Augur

man i thot mine was the only once, damn it tearsin stop it !
  12. Inocense New Member

I am noticing it aswell especialy when boting my wizard had to change my tanking routine since the war has to generate ALOT more threat to hold agro on the same mobs now. Got where on higher hp mobs in usuing stormstrike blades alot on single target just for the high threat it has.
  13. Linden Augur

No problems holding aggro, or picking it up here.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

The difference in aggro would be accumlatively less then a 5% in aggro difference via proc's now .. and prior to the "proc patch"