Time entitled bug back

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by yepmetoo, Jul 11, 2017.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Time isn't ticking up for some (all?) accounts, hasn't been for awhile. Doesn't affect any account I care about personally, as mine are old enough to have any vet rewards, but I'm sure some people are negatively affected by it.

May not be all accounts, but I checked on 3 of mine for 5 straight days and none changed. FYI for devs, and for any players that it affects.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

From what I've seen it only updates every 2 weeks or somewhere around there.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5 days isn't a good representation of how time is calculated in EQ for various things such as Veteran Rewards or Loyalty points. It is best to track it daily/weekly/monthly on your own spreadsheet and then if any is missing file a ticket cause you will have proof. This is a good explanation:

"These rewards are only updated once per month generally in the first week only, the exact date varies by account and recent payments may take several weeks to be applied to your total time entitled. Allow the system time to update."
  4. DinkumThinku99 Elder

Other people have noticed irregular updating of Loyalty points and time entitled. Personally, I think it's probably normal.

Here's something I posted in a thread about this last moth:

-------------------------
    A few months ago, when I was getting close to my 11th-year Veteran Reward, I noticed that the 'time entitled' was incrementing very erratically: sometimes it would be unchanged for several days, other times it would jump a bunch overnight.

Might be handled by the same process as the loyalty points. Maybe something running at low priority that just updates a batch of accounts whenever the CPU load is light.
    -------------------------

Adding to the above: time entitled, Loyalty points, Veteran Rewards, etc. don't really need to updated by a real-time process. Updating them with a batch process when the CPU load is low shouldn't be a problem, except for people like you and me who like to watch the timers counting up. :)