Time’s Antithesis ? Agnarr Progression Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drexzer, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Zanarnar Augur

I liked Zanados' idea. Here is the data from Sad Dragons/Phinny

Shield of Strife - 5 -- 16.1%
    Sandals of Empowerment - 4 -- 12.9%
    Pauldrons of Devastation - 5 -- 16.1%
    Pants of Furious Might - 5 -- 16.1%
    Band of Primordial Energy - 9 -- 29%
    Darkblade of the Warlord - 3 -- 9.6%

RNG is fun :p
  2. Zanarnar Augur

Likely the check to see if its a number or needs a roll vs just rolling it is a wash or close to it.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Posting this in the TLP forum probably would have gotten a lot of data like this rather than the Veterans forum.
  4. Aneia Master

Without rewriting my lost thesis, is it safe to say, Saryrn's loot tables look something like this? Based on experience/guild database, she drops one item from the Time's Antithesis table and two items from the Cap of Flowing Time table (duplicates are possible, but not guaranteed. so, separate calculations).

TREASURE_CLASS_DESCRIPTION ITEM% ITEM_# ITEM_LIST_ID
    TIMBSaryrn1 100 1 TIMBSaryrn1
    TIMBSaryrn1 100 2 TIMBSaryrn2

ITEM_LIST_DESCRIPTION ITEM_PERCENT NAME
    TIMBSaryrn1 20 Shroud of Provocation
    TIMBSaryrn1 20 Runewarded Belt
    TIMBSaryrn1 20 Time's Antithesis
    TIMBSaryrn1 20 Gloves of the Unseen
    TIMBSaryrn1 20 Veil of Lost Hopes

TIMBSaryrn2 20 Cap of Flowing Time
    TIMBSaryrn2 20 Edge of Eternity
    TIMBSaryrn2 20 Girdle of Intense Durability
    TIMBSaryrn2 20 Ring of Evasion
    TIMBSaryrn2 20 Symbol of the Planemasters

Most of the gods in Time B seem to follow that pattern. Quarm has three unique treasure tables though, which he drops 1 guaranteed item from each. Quarm also has a chance (<100%) to drop one of the four chest molds as well. So his treasure classes might look something like:

TREASURE_CLASS_DESCRIPTION ITEM% ITEM_# ITEM_LIST_ID
    TIMBQuarm1 100 1 TIMBQuarm1
    TIMBQuarm1 100 1 TIMBQuarm2
    TIMBQuarm1 100 1 TIMBQuarm3
    TIMBQuarm1 50 1 TIMBQuarm4

Am I following things correctly? I assume there are hero's forge and global/racial tables that would also come into play when defining the treasure class data as well.
  5. mackal Augur

Meh, spawning loot is far from hot path.

Every branch is a new chance for a missed branch prediction :p
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

Yes, this is pretty much spot on! There is other data in those tables, of course, like treasure table rolls & dice and a few other columns, and the treasure table and item list use numerical unique IDs, but logically that is exactly correct.

These are the relevant bits from Quarm's treasure tables:
    TREASURE_CLASS_DESCRIPTION ITEM_FREQUENCY ITEM_DIE_SIZE ITEM_NUM_DICE
    TIMBFinalDragon1 100 1 1
    TIMBFinalDragon2 100 1 1
    TIMBFinalDragon3 100 1 1
    TIMBFinalDragon4 50 1 1

Final Dragon sounds like an awesome 80s action movie.

Global loot actually uses a different system. It still calls item lists, but doesn't use treasure tables. It's logically more like "call this item list when an NPC meets the following zone / level / race / mat / difficulty criteria" which is great for when we want to have Hero's Forge items drop from bosses, gnoll fangs from low level gnolls, or tradeskill items from certain zones or NPC types... without having to tie a treasure table to dozens or hundreds of NPCs.

Fun factoid: There are over 50 distinct ways that an item can enter the world via database design data (so, not counting scripts).
    a_librarian, Aegir and Boze like this.
  7. Aegir Augur

Prathun,

While we are at treasure/loot tables. Me and some friends have been trying to get "Memory" to drop from Vyzh`dra the Exiled in Ssraeshza Temple,

First off, we killed Cursed cycle throughout the entire lifespan of the extended Luclin era on Phinigel Including a fair share of Open World kills as on top of that and we didn't see it drop a single time.

Another guildie killing Cursed Cycle has gotten it to drop one single time, but that's about the single time I've heard of it ever dropping. Any old AoS that can share of how many times if any, they got it to drop?
  8. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

In OGC it appears we got 3 in our formal functions for him. Pretty sure Exiled has one of the largest static possible loot tables in the game.

A tip for farming Memory is when Exiled spawns in open world, if he does not have the Scepter in hand, let him despawn and try the cycle again later. If he does have the Scepter, it's 50/50 between Memory and the Necro wand. If Exiled is more magic resistant, he is holding the Memory (+35 MR). His other armor items are relatively prismatic so those rolls don't really do much when trying to determine if he has the necro wand or the memory.
    Aegir likes this.
  9. Aegir Augur

Thanks for the tip! <3
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I farmed Cursed cycle recently for a lvl 1 twink. I was after Vyzh'Dra's Render of Souls, I had 3 or 4 Memories drop before I finally got the Render of Souls. It's probably the RNG being RNG if you never saw it.
    Aegir likes this.
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Fairly standard computer RNG.
    The thing is... there is only one "generator" so players, NPC, etc. all call it often and repeatedly, so even if it is a table. YOU (a single person) are not getting sequential numbers from that table.
  12. qweasy Augur

Are all of the class weapons 20% drop chance? What about Shinai and the staff from CT that have 2 classes?
  13. Aneia Master

I'd see it. Thanks for the comments Prathun & Ngreth.
    Prathun likes this.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Ngreth, you can't fool me. I know the true RNG code for EQ:

[IMG]

:p
  15. ForumBoss Augur

Every guild is different. We had 5 or 6 TA, 1 shield of strife (which I hoarded dkp for 6 months for), 0 timespinners, 1 rogue daggers in the 6 months of PoP and ldon. At least since you're on agnarr, you can spend eternity farming time and eventually get every drop..
  16. DeseanJackson Augur

11 isn't so bad, We are at like 20-25 clears and not a single Darkblade of the Walord.
  17. Prathun Developer

The Shinai of the Ancients that drops from Vallon and the Staff of Transcendence that drops from Cazic each are set to 25% on their respective item lists.
  18. qweasy Augur

Cool thanks.

1 more thing. I know multiple Shinais can drop from 1 kill, can multiples of the dark blade or TA drop too?
  19. doah Augur

The trick to getting memory to drop is to pop cursed and let him despawn resetting the cycle in 2h. Come back kill the fake's until he is wielding the sceptre graphic and pray it isn't the necro item.
    Aegir likes this.
  20. Prathun Developer

I'm not seeing how multiple Shinai items could drop from a single Vallon kill. There is only one item list that has the Shinai, the treasure table that this item list is attached to is 1d1, and the association that attaches the treasure table to Vallon is rolled only once.