Tiger Claw/Flying Kick/Kick mods and evolving Gloves / Boots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duder, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Duder Augur

I recently noticed that for Beastlord that there is no Kick mod on the new evolving gloves. For Monk, no Tiger Claw for gloves, no Flying Kick for Boots.

Is this intended? Despite there being bard focus and cold focus on gloves and Beneficial cast time reduction on boots.

I understand the items not being class specific, however, sacrificing these focuses is a hit that isnt in line with the rest of the item(s).

I have posted this here for lack of /feedback command, so please, any other thoughts, and info is greatly appreciated.
    Fanra and Yinla like this.
  2. Monkman Augur

Those mods literally add a flat 10/15 dmg to the attacks, which when we’re hitting for thousands of damage really isn’t noticeable..I’d say necros losing type 3 slots are hurting the worst.
  3. Duder Augur

Data to back that up? I dont have contrary data, but I am interested.

Perhaps a Dev would post the calculation data as to how these mods apply?
  4. Yimin Augur

Any reduced dmg is reduced dmg ! I hope they put it on in a up coming patch !

YiMin
  5. Lianeb Augur

At maxed value those skill mods add exactly 100 damage to the skill. This has been known as a flat dmg since their inception. With a skill you that is on cooldown to use ever 4s they add exactly 25dps.

I am sure you can find posts here or elsewhere about it. If you don't want to use the combat in the guild hall for 10s and prove it to your self
  6. feeltheburn Augur

it's a nominal hit at best, bout on par as missing your mother in law's visit, you wouldn't be sorry nor would you feel bad about missing it.
  7. Duder Augur

On thinking, the replies received are a "Its useless anyway, dont worry about it", however, many would argue that 1% off of incoming dmg is insignificant, 25 spell damage here, there, 25 heal amount less, not a worry.when the reality is that they add up and is how these things do become significant. Compound damage, every little bit matters and Im interested in a response from Ngreth as well as others imput. Thanks for replies thus far.
    Pirlo likes this.
  8. Lianeb Augur

If 25dps matters in the day of dps measured in thousands. The by all means.
    And no it doesn’t add up it’s 25 dps that is how it works, there is no adding anymore than that
    feeltheburn likes this.
  9. Cicelee Augur

I will forever be fascinated by the individual who will bash and ridicule someone who cares about adding a +10 Flying Kick mod to their character and say that mod is insignificant...

And then spend two days and go through 75 PH and named to get the 450 hp augment which replaces the 330 hp augment on their character that has 340k HP buffed.

Not saying you specifically, mind you. But to tell someone who cares about and extra 25 DPS that is silly while spending days and weeks on getting an augment upgrade to go from 340,000 HP to 340,120 HP is hilariously hypocritical at best.
    Pirlo likes this.
  10. kizant Augur

It is still silly tho.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I think it is time those mods were updated to actually make a difference rather than have us chasing something so insignificant. I always thought they added to the base damage (which later is boosted many times by many factors). To find out it is a flat number added at the end of all calculations is a big disappointment.

Especially considering all the time and effort I've spent getting a number of characters for many people all though the entire seven raids in Citadel of the World Slayer (Discord Tower) so they could get access to The Void (G) and buy all the Type 3 augs from Zebuxoruk.

And yes, they should be on all gloves / boots / etc. for the proper classes.
    Pirlo likes this.
  12. Monkman Augur

its insignificant. End of story.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  13. Lianeb Augur

I see what you did there
    The difference is HP on augs ARE additive, there is no cap on HP so a 100 HP gain on every aug slot counts to the total.
    With these skill aug you can only get to 100 and the skill is limited by the cool down. Hell I was even ball parking the cool down for ease of math, any of these skills with longer than 4s refresh is going to lower dps, and yes 25dps is insignificant today. When these were introduced and people were doing 2 or 2k dps (just a guess) they were still semi relevant but not really.
  14. feeltheburn Augur

THIS all day....so just end the thread. It's moot.
  15. Duder Augur

These claims are brimming with substantiated proof that they are worthless, please save it unless you have something more constructive than a claim to add, until we get some data from a dev or proper parse data, id still feel safer with the mods added to the items =D
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

So just looked at what I had parsed over the last week. In 48,889 kicks my average kick was for 24,146 damage. That would drop to and average of 24,131.
  17. Qulas Augur

Insignificant or not, I still want my skill mods maxed.

These items should have the proper mods, not entirely sure why anyone would be against that.
    Mintalie and adetia like this.
  18. Duder Augur

Well, I think this may have been addressed and the info just isnt out there... just saw a link for T1 dropped arms, 116 Tiger Claw for Monk, so, yeah, I think things were more than considered as well as boosted, neat.
  19. Monkman Augur

20. Duder Augur

Well then, my previous sentiments hold, because unless that stays, I would like the same mod amt, if not more than the RoS raid item Mods... especially with the foci on the other chase items being above even TBL raid focus/click. Regardless whether others may think it is insignificant, or know its insignificant, the fact remains that there is no mod where there was one before