Tied Lock of Hair not dropping?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by AZerker, Feb 20, 2020.

1. AZerker Journeyman

Ok, So not to sound like a weenie here, But I spent ALL DAY camping "Spectral" mobs in Degmar, the Lost Castle. I understand the collectibles for Keepsakes of the Murdered are rough to get. I have done the full set at least a dozen times.
    But, after killing Hundreds of "Spectral" type mobs, I have yet to see any Tied Lock of Hair drop. Below is what has dropped.

Gold Threaded Ribbon: 4
    Jeweled Comb: 8
    Earpoint Cream: 7
    Dancing Shoe: 5
    Eye Button: 4
    Crested Ale Mug: 3

Tied lock of Hair: 0

I was just hoping someone could confirm it still drops. I don't want to die of old age chasing this thing. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

This should have probably been put in Veterans, not Bug since you are not sure of anything.

That said, the last time I finished this collection on a toon was mid-January 2020 (according to the time stamp of the achievement). I definitely gathered the materials after Christmas, including a tied lock of hair. Jeweled comb was the one I had issues with from this collection. I still have 2 hairs in my collect house and zero combs from the last gathering.
  3. AZerker Journeyman

I guess posting bout it not dropping makes it drop, no more then 5 minutes after the post it dropped....... What a waste of a post, I apologize.

Yinla likes this.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I find that whining about names not spawning or collects not dropping in guild chat will cause the RNG to take pity on you.

But it has to be real anguish. The RNG can spot you trying to fake it a mile away … and leave you with nothing.
  5. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Do you know what "sample size" is? Because yours was laughably small.

Ever done the CotF hunter achieves in HAs? I gave up last time after 15 straight PHs on my first mission of the day. With about 20 of 20 nameds still left to go. Now that's some RNG anguish. You can't buy named kills in the bazaar, after all.
  6. Moege Augur

Only if used in moderation ! Tried this tactic with some of my guild mates and the named still have not spawned, guess the 50 times complaining over 2 days was too much.

*moans about not getting chase loot /waits
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I find a generous helping of obscenities sprinkled amongst the complaining helps tremendously with named spawns.