Threat value on clickies

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aneuren, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Caps on debuff aggro and hows its calculated, there was posts on PON/TSW which are down that were alot easier to find then sifting through patch notes but have at it, original change was in 05 IIRC.

At the time it was a big deal (for paladins) our aggro got broke where i want to say like 3 or 4 months stuns didnt do much of anything, they then added hate overrides to the OOW stuns and changed the calculation again.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Again i would love to see these changes, i can tell you i played an SK back in the day, i was one of the few people that played that trash class before POP and all the buffs. Then i played one on Ragefire TLP the amount of agro Clinging Darkness generates felt the exact same.

Threat from debuffs was always capped to my knowledge and if it wasn't it was changed very early on like before SOV launched. I can see how potentially this would've become a problem in OoW and later expansion because spell damage grows and with it spell damage agro. It's a lot easier for Stun to keep agro when going against Ice Comet spam and not Ancient Core Fire spam.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Ill just try and find it i guess, i do know Flash of light felt different then it did historically in era then on Phinny/Quarm/Coirnav. I actually played a paladin though, which maybe its just an issue with Flash if you are saying CD felt similar.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

For SK it was Disease Cloud, as they are stuck using CD on TLPs now, ... but yeah.
  5. Blastoff Augur

Classic threat is pretty simple...use sk's and pal's to tank instead of warriors. DPS can go whole hog from the start and cut fight times in half, gg. If they start to go down and a warrior is next they just turn attack off and spam taunt to stay right behind the last sk/pal standing on the hatelist.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Your premise is false. I was not limiting my comment to Original classic. I was showing that low level warriors are intentionally limited in their ability to generate hate by comparing to paladin (can substitute SK) patch history.

I left out actual Stun spell (Original) because it was given Timer 5 in 2008, years after the fact, when such timers were invented to limit ability usage.

My point, that you missed entirely, is that the Devs had no problem leaving level 13 paladins with 3 potent hate generation abilities in that 2008 patch. Meanwhile those very same Devs did not afford the same to Warriors on the introduction of the Provoke line or subsequent timer consolidation patches (until 2018). By design, the Devs want Warriors to struggle to get and hold aggro on a single mob, let alone two.

Finally, I propose that it would take one simple timer removal on Provoke to make warrior game play a lot more equitable on TLP.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Disease Cloud was never good agro this is some urban legend newbie nonsense.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

You're right about the nerfs to debuffs and specifically poison/disease counters. Flash of Light has about half the hate it originally did imho.

One of the main drivers for the nerfs you mention was due to poison/disease counter hate on spells like Tashan. It enabled enchanters to grab and hold aggro far too easily, mostly to their detriment. At the same time, the Journeyman's Walking Stick (so RoK era) was the warrior weapon of choice for aggro lock. Another example was the disease counters on Shaman slow causing them grief and so SK lost much Disease Cloud hate in the change. Also bye bye Crookstinger for tanking.
    Aneuren and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Was a good pulling tool tho amirite? Lol
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Good memory. The poison counter specific patch for example was April 12, 2005

See https://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2005-1.html
  11. Wulfhere Augur

12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

- /stopsong, /cast, and anything starting a song other than /melody now
    clears the /melody buffer as intended.

It's great to see some things never change
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You're aware that flash of light isn't a poison and doesn't have poison counters correct? The poison counter change doesn't really effect SK or Pally agro, it does effect a few proc weapons on TLP that never get used, it's really just a change to Tash.

Gonna take the fact you didn't find anything in the patch notes with ctrl+f an admission that i'm right and you're wrong. EZ CLAP
  14. Wulfhere Augur

No not at all. I have proof of my assertions, even in part. I spent time to unearth that proof to support myself and another poster who also remembers correctly. You have none! You are a pretender and a troll.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Where is the proof exactly?
    For example this one.

16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Still struggling with the reading comprehension?

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

There is plenty more to unpack there for ya, because clearly you can't even understand what he's saying.

My best advice though, reading comprehension FTW. (don't know what FTW means? look it up.)
  17. Quasimojo Elder

Because I'm bored and sometimes a pot just needs stirred...

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

An opinion is inherently honest, else it wouldn't actually be your opinion.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  18. Zinth Augur

basically warriors had to find those "debuff" weapons around unless they got BoC or whatever it was called... for their agro, is a few of them here and there, I don't remember classic but remember some in Kunark (Sebilis) and Luclin(Grieg's End) and I am sure Velious had some too but can't be bothered to look em up
  19. Zinth Augur

20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Touche`!

I'm rarely humble, and thus a common mistake on my part.