Fixed Internally Threat Mechanics broken

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Protagonist, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Protagonist Tank

Player A pulls mob with proximity aggro only, no damage items in both hands. Not casting on mob or self, not doing anything.

Player B also has no damage items in both hands, is also not casting on mob. Player B taunts. Receives successful taunt message. Mob does not change targets. Additional taunts from B do not cause the mob to change targets and return the "You already have your target's attention" message.

Player B spam buffs player player A (resist cold in this test) mob still does not change targets.

Player B directly interacts with the mob with a debuff - aggro immediately transfers to B.

Player A now taunts with the same results as B above. Player A spam heals and buffs himself, no target change. Player A spam heals and buffs B, no target change.

Player C spam heals player B for several minutes Player B still on target being attacked. Player A's taunt message still returning "You already have your target's attention" message. B feigns, mob immediately aggros C.

Anecdotal conclusion: Mob target is not updating until the person on the top of the threat list directly interacts with the mob. Any player-to-player aggro creation is being ignored until that moment.
    Kroolhand78, dank, Barton and 49 others like this.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

By the way…
    What is the target mob? Undead? Special mob?
  3. Protagonist Tank

The above test played out the same with a normal mob and an undead. Both grey cons.

Edit to add: And the behavior began immediately after today's patch.
  4. Protagonist Tank

Update: If the healer sits, sit aggro does rip the mob's target.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some mobs have very strange behaviour by design, what are you killing and where.

Sit agro is nothing new.
  6. Synk Journeyman

Something is wrong with threat at the moment for sure. Buffs are not generating any aggro at all so rune proc weapons are now useless. Taunt doesn't get the mob to change targets (as described above) also. We also had Naggy just mercing our clerics today, tanks could not hold aggro at all so it was a full out zerg. As soon as a cleric would cast a heal Naggy turned and ate them (with an epic war, sk, and paladin all fighting to get aggro back).
  7. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I've also tested the above on blue mobs in 3 different zones. Undead, normal, boss (motm and non motm) on the rizlona server. Threat behavior is acting very odd and not predictable at all.
  8. jimbobdole New Member

You have to like the initial post if you care about this issue. That is how devs determine to pay attention to it
  9. Xhartor Augur

I was killing packs of greenies to trade skill mats while boxiong a bard. Normally main heand a death head mace (rune proc3) to keep the adds off the bard. After this patch the bard kept pulling threat, which isn't the normal behavior.
  10. Rivalry Apprentice

There was definitely a deep and significant unannounced change to threat mechanics with this patch.

I would hope there could at least be some patch notes to detail or footnote the change, please?
    Was the change intentional?
  11. Protagonist Tank

The above test plays out the same on all normal mobs.

I was noting that sit aggro causes normal aggro function, when it was otherwise not normal. It's a repro note, not a complaint.
  12. Mrtyu Developer

Can I have a specific mob and zone where you carried out your tests?
  13. Protagonist Tank

Dreadlands, A drachnid webmaster
    Dreadlands, plaguebone skeleton
    Sebilis, Froglok krup knight
    Sebilis, a sebilite golem
    Chardok, a sarnak slavedriver
    Chardok, a Chokidai Bloodhound

Characters involved were level 60 on Aradune, if that's relevant. Though I've just confirmed rune is adding no aggro on Live too, so I suspect it's not.
  14. Byun Elder

Wall of Slaughter on mangler.. We just tested this on multiple mobs, girplans, ukuns etc in north wall.

Warrior agros with no attacks... We can spam buffs, heals and not pull threat. As soon as any buffer etc goes in and initiates threat via attack, it goes to that person.

Rune's are not generating threat either as they should for the enc to rune tank. ,
    Protagonist likes this.
  15. Byun Elder

Also can confirm, taunts are not working. Message says successful, but does not transfer targets.
  16. Goodkitty Augur

This is effecting my pet too.
  17. xaga Elder

Lady Vox
  18. Wayloss Journeyman

19. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Yea this threat thing is awful please revert or fix.
  20. Zinth Augur

dunno I get agro from EVERYTHING in raids while just autoattacking 1 mob (Paladin - Rune Proc)