Threadripper, GTX 1070 15fps during raids

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Snaps, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

More likely your SSD is old enough it doesn't have advanced wear leveling and everything else which under normal circumstances would make your drive perform worse.
  2. Nuttann Elder

If turning logging off makes the problem go away, it may not be your PC or SSD.

I has a similar issue on an Arx raid during the TDS expansion. It was when we were all piled together for group and AE heals. I had some super low frame rate and couldn't really cast. The PC and video was beefy enough it should not have been a problem. I mentioned in channel after raids and someone suggested that it might be Windows Defender. When I had upgraded to Windows 10 it had turned on Windows Defender by default. I went to Windows Defender and put an exemption on the EQ directory and I haven't had a problem since.
  3. segap Augur

You're best off just doing the exception for the actual Log directory and not the entire EQ directory. It's the constant updating/closing of the log file that gets some AV programs in trouble. Best limit your exposure of adding an exception. With more configurable AV programs, better yet to just do exceptions for the actual log files rather than a directory.
  4. Snaps New Member

I have that exemption already as yes it will slow EQ down to a crawl. Last 2 nights raids have had no improvement at all really. Still tanking down.

I get about 28-30 with all 54 in the event, it goes down to 15-18 once the action starts. High mob count such as End of Empire will get it down into the low teens.

I don't know if this is an issue due to hardware being too "new" vs using an older setup. I may try installing a RX560 for tomorrow night's raid and see how it does.