This Tradeskiller's Heart is Utterly Broken :(

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mayfaire, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Mayfaire Augur

I am usually not one to complain. Many things that can really rile up other players I can usually shrug off, as I have always felt that I get a lot for my money with this game.

But, I have to tell y'all....as a player who absolutely loves everything about doing trades in this game, I am utterly shocked and saddened to see no new tradeskill items. :(

DBG team, I know you guys have a smaller staff. I can forgive a lot of things knowing that. But tradeskills have been a part of EQ since the very beginning. Trades are a huge part of the lore of this game.

Putting time into things like illusion key rings and nerfing dumb Arx keys rather than creating new tradeskill items and recipes is just not at all in keeping with the Everquest brand as players know it. A large part of what keeps me here rather than drifting to newer games is because there are so many options of things to do. For me, and I am sure many others, tradeskilling was a huge part of that. I don't even know what else to say. For the first time on a launch day I find myself sad and uninterested rather than stoked. Meh. :oops:
    Your_Ad_Here, Sheex, Lily and 6 others like this.
  2. Elricvonclief Augur

This is both surprising and sad. While I've always said tradeskilling is eeeeebil, I always meant it in jest.

I never thought it would be dropped... :(
    Lily and Mayfaire like this.
  3. Riou EQResource

roguerunner, Iila and Mayfaire like this.
  4. Silv Augur

I feel the same way about the over-arching collection achievements. No rewards. You get 11 AA per collection / per zone / per tier... and a 40 slot bag if you finish all of them [cus we don't have enough of those yet]. Expansion-themed housing items were a huge motivator/fun factor for completing these in the past and a reason not to just bank collection claims till next xpac release.

I only mention that because it is pretty much the same boat as tradeskills (which I also like)... non-existant. They could have at least Copy+Pasted every recipe from TDS, renamed, and added a new TBM global/forage drop to make equivalent items. So despite them pushing us into new content, we are still forced to go back to old content... /boggle
  5. Silv Augur

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Mayfaire Augur

7. Elricvonclief Augur

Ye olde cultural augs for raid gear, 1/2 a tier below endgame was always a popular item.

New folks to the guild, or those looking to save DKP etc would hoover those up. It's a shame they're not continued.
    Miss_Jackie and Mayfaire like this.
  8. Riou EQResource

Yea, Prathun said that was all the time he had was to get those in, otherwise it would have been nothing :(
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. beryon Augur

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Silv like this.
  10. Bobola New Member

Ouch,
    So besides those ornaments there are no new player craftable items in TBM?

Any chance when resources permit that something would be added?
  11. Warpeace Augur

Depends how they choose to work through the lengthy list of broken things in game they pushed live.
  12. Thraine Augur

13. Wizdons Augur

Not sure you should be surprised by this. I believe they even said there would be no new tradeskill stuff with TBM in the video they made.

As a person that only did TS to max skills and stuff for achievement. I find my self only selling trade still stuff in the bazaar. However with the major decline in need and demand for TS i find selling the junk absolutely a waste of time. It would be nice if there was some sort of demand for all the crap that drops.
  14. Riou EQResource

It comes from a Rare spawning vendor in Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay. The vendors are up from 7 am to midnight game time, each cycle it has a chance to spawn as one of the merchants.
  15. Nolrog Augur

That wasn't a statement of optimism, or a statement of pessimism. It was a statement of fact on what is available, limited as it may be. You can take that as there is at least something or there is barely anything, but what you do what that fact is totally up to you.
  16. Aanuvane Augur

Ouch. Well I guess I'm glad I didn't pre-order and see this now. The only reason I'd have bought the expansion would have been to obtain the new TS items/recipes for EQTraders. If there aren't any, guess I get to save a little cash.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

18. Greaseman Journeyman

Very disappointing. Even if there wasn't a need for stat items since there was no level increase then there should at least have been some food or weapon ornaments.
  19. Thraine Augur

Ive been looking for this for a while now with no luck. Rare indeed
  20. beryon Augur

Ok, I can understand having to farm rare ingredients to make the stuff, but a rare spawn just to see the recipes and what the ornaments look like? That's ridiculous.
    Asdenyl likes this.