This is honestly ridiculous

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Creedmonk, May 27, 2020.

1. Rovellicus New Member

It's almost like this company just bought the rights to this game or something... Well, they are doing something right, because each and every one of you will STILL continue to click Play EverQuest until you fall asleep.. and each and every one of you will STILL pay and play this game.

I thank you for that, as I will also still be playing this game.

At least it's not as bad as FFXIV's launch!
  2. TLP Addict Augur

3. Rovellicus New Member

What is more ridiculous.. Us knowing this was going to happen since we've been through it 4-5-6-7 times? Or the fact that we are still here button mashing?

And I'll leave you with a quote. Albert Einstein : The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - We are all INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cantari likes this.
  4. Name2 Augur

You realize that in order to fix things, resources need to be allocated to fixing issues, right? If problems don't correlate with a drop in sales, then there's no point in allocating resources to fix them. If the service disruptions or botched launches led to below projected subscription numbers, they would get fixed. Because people continue to pay for a sub-par product, they won't get fixed. It's pretty simple. If you aren't happy with the product you are paying money for, stop paying for it. If the product stops generating acceptable revenue, it will get fixed. If the investment to fix it doesn't justify the return, it will get scrapped. No amount of pleading about your entitlement as a customer means anything if you aren't willing to back it up by walking away from a sub-par experience.
  5. Ultrazen Augur

Yes, newer games have become much less complicated to code, with a lot fewer assets to deal with. ... lol. /insert skull fracturing eye roll here.

'The game is old' as a defense for this behavior is just /boggle. They have had a *long* time to figure this out, and many launches. It doesn't get harder to figure something out the longer you have to deal with it. I can't believe I even had to type that.
    Creedmonk likes this.
  6. Jezzie Augur

Take a chill pill and enjoy this video while you wait!
  7. Creedmonk Augur

Again, this is more excuses rather than explaining what is happening behind the scene and why it hasn't been fixed the 3-4 other TLP launches that resulted in the exact same situation we're in now. Yes of course resources need to be allocated to fixing issues. I would assume at least a portion of the $100 I spent on bags + subscriptions just to prepare for the server on my 2 accounts would have a portion of that go to resources to fix things, wouldn't you?
  8. nagash101 Augur

yes.
  9. Healiez Augur

I am no expert on code and wont pretend to be, nor server hardware and everything else that goes into a game.

But I do know how 20 year old things work, and 20 year old things dont work as well as 5 year old things. Also 20 year old things are harder to fix then 5 year old things. It MIGHT just be possible that this 20 year old thing cant be fixed (or fixed for a reasonable cost). It has been said multiple times that the coding for this games older expansions is a nightmare, and in some case they arent even sure how the hell it even functions in its current state, but it does. So I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Sure you can keep that 20 year old clunker car running, but eventually they will be like soooooo in order to fix this you will actually need to pay more then the car is worth to fix it, or we can do this bandaid fix that will make it usable but there will still be issues. Thats kind of how I view the classic EQ code.
  10. Frodlinn New Member

This bangs tho

11. Name2 Augur

I think a safer assumption is that this game is in maintenance mode, and that big expensive fixes are unlikely when they don't have an impact on the bottom line. I'm not making excuses for Daybreak, they look like drug dealers capitalizing on their players' addiction and inability to put this game down. I'm not sure how you could look at a history of botched launches, and suddenly expect things to be different this time around. I haven't read through the EULA, but I can't imagine there's any language in there specifying that Daybreak is responsible for unveiling anything that goes on behind the scenes.
  12. Hinastorm86 Augur

I mean, you're factually wrong in pretty much everything you just said, but believe what you want. Just screaming "You've had 20 years to figure this out" over and over doesn't make it a reasonable take.

Has it occurred to you that them investing money and time into making 1-3 days smoother a year is probably not worth it? As much we we'd like that.
  13. Hinastorm86 Augur

It's beyond rediculous. I tried for an hour, and when it was obvious things were I decided to come back later. I do the same thing for all launches. Why this is not standard behavior at this point is silly.
  14. Azzudien Augur

What a joke, bring servers back up and most in queue again.