This has been bugging me since I noticed - high elves and cartography

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kiras, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Kiras Augur

Okay, so you leave Greater Faydark and enter Felwithe (Northern Felwithe). You then go east-north-east to enter South Felwithe. There is only one zone line. You go north to enter South Felwithe.The traveler achievements do call them Northern Felwithe and Southern Felwithe.

In South Felwithe, the southern exit zones you into Felwithe (northern Felwithe).

Am I missing something here? Did a gnome cartographer play a prank on the high elves and the high elves just weren't smart enough to realize it? Is north actually South, and South actually North? Did every elven cartographer die while mapping Kelethin - accidentally walking off a ledge? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Gundolin likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Janakin likes this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personally, it is bugging me, how you can walk through a door from pok(where you can see Luclin in the sky), and into the bazaar, which is located on Luclin...o_O
    High Voltage likes this.
  4. Raccoo Augur

I think it was the dwarves poking fun at the elves. Either that or the same drunk elves that made those paths through Greater Faydark.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The original drunken gnome race.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

That's one small step for a <insert sex here>, one giant leap for <insert race here>.

Also, the answer to all such questions: Magic!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hey, someone else noticed this, too! I noticed it back in 2000, when I started EQing, and /bugged it, but I guess it's not important enough to address.

Nice catch :)
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

After hearing the calls out for resolution to this irksome phenomenon, I decided to camp Felwithe and kill of everything until someone gave up the secret. Finally, after wasting a weekend that I could have spent getting double xp, or increased rare mob spawn, I found a drop so rare that it answers that question that has vexed players for so many, many years.

So, without further ado, I present to you, the Felwithe Zone Path map:

[IMG]
  9. svann Augur

It used to be that Ocean of Tears was backwards. The boat went west to get to butcherblock and east to get to freeport. They fixed it finally.
  10. High Voltage Augur

While using mana to cast spells and putting houses in a bag is standard.
    Janakin likes this.