Third server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Iove, May 7, 2020.

1. Iove Elder

I see a huge interest in new servers, and with much customers sitting at home, most likely the DPG will be forced to open another server (as it was with Ragefire/Lockjaw) so I would like this server to be not just a clone of the Aradune but something else, maybe a Free-Trade this time?

At least DPG will see whether people want FV TLP or not!
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They said no to a Free Trade server in the recent AMA Discord chat, the reasoning was twofold

1. Not enough people want one, despite a small minority of very vocal supporters
    (admittedly a much larger number than there were for the PvP TLP idea)

2. DPG does not feel it can adequately support another Free Trade server from a Customer Service perspective.

The best thing I think that could happen would be if AoC were enabled on all live servers including FV.

That way the FV players who want to play with that ruleset would be able to form a progression guild that starts in classic & progresses through each expansion, they would of course need to be disciplined about doing that and adhere to some basic rules so as to not spoil the experience for themselves.

I think the two TLP being rolled out will be plenty.

Aradune will probably experience queues, Rizlona will probably start with a much smaller population but is very likely to grow steadily.

If another server is required it will likely be to handle an overspill from Aradune & then that server will re-merge with Aradune later on so that would need to be exact copy of Aradune & the issue there is they don't have enough GM for it right now.
  3. Sikkun Augur

Besides all the logical reasons of the 200th time they have said no....

Hype and interest is way lower for these servers than around Mangler/Selo time. The whole “everyone is at home” line is just old. Most your unemployed people are not rushing to play EQ while your other people at home are still working, they didn’t magically gain free time. Work from home does not equal vacation. And the school aged children being at home don’t play EQ.
  4. Sollix Journeyman

Yeah, only a small minority want a FV TLP. The majority want 2 Locked PoP servers.

Trust the Devs, they know what we truly want.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Are you saying the demand for miragul was strong, but unforeseen circumstances made it the biggest flop in memory?

Or are you saying the demand for slower exp on Coirnav was simply a silent majority?
  6. Sollix Journeyman

The AMA cracks me up.

One Dev who seems pretty out of touch with the TLP scene says, "Well, to be fair only a few people are asking for it, they are just doing so with an admirable frequency."

Then immadetialy after a different Dev that seems to have a better understanding says, "An FV rulset TLP would be great, and players definitely have a lot of interest in one."

Sadly the first dev seems to be calling the shots. I'm sure Miraguls was Absors' genius idea LOLOL.
    Zinth and Aenvar like this.
  7. a_librarian Augur

I assume that first dev confused FV and PVP, easy mistake to make.
  8. Sollix Journeyman

You'd think that but he went on saying a whole bunch of non-sense about why FV TLP players think they want this ruleset but actually don't.

Something about not being able to transfer off or be merged into another server later? Lol.

Well, to be fair only a few people are asking for it, they are just doing so with an admirable frequency... From my point of view, FV rules do not make good gameplay. Here's a question for those that say they want it, what if you could never transfer onto or off of the server, and it never merged with another? Is that still appealing?

Dude has no clue whats going on in the TLP scene it safe to assume.
    Zinth and Aenvar like this.
  9. Sollix Journeyman

Absor knows best guys.

FV rules make for bad gameplay. No way one of their most popular servers is FV. What type of fools would play on a bad gameplay server like that? :D
    Aenvar likes this.
  10. Iove Elder

This might be good, if FV already not very loaded server and soon Brekt come to there. It will be unplayable if add AoC to this server.

Why make copy of Aradune if population will decay over time anyway?

If 3d server will be Free-Trade it cut some population from Aradune and if noone will play there (I sure it not true, but for example) it can be not free-trade as beginning, but free-trade can be run at Luclin or PoP expansion, so first half-year it will be similar to Aradune. After some ppl leave (as them always do at Luclin-PoP era) we will have 1 mangler copy (as Devs says support and GM-service will be limited time) and other server turn into FV TLP. Better have 2 different servers, than merge them to one i believe.
  11. Cezz Journeyman

It really seems more like there is a small but passionate and vocal minority of people who hate free trade. It's the same two or three people in each of these threads happily regurgitating DPGs moronic and out of touch statements as if they could possibly be true.
    Aenvar likes this.
  12. Cidran Augur

Absolutely agreed, I was just shocked to read that reply and never felt a dev being so disconnected from reality. Like it or not, Firiona is one of the most populated and healthy servers and saying that "FV rules do not make good gameplay" is plain disrespectful. Very unfortunate answer imho.
    Thalliius likes this.
  13. Sinzz_bb New Member

miragul woulda rocked as a non true box ... true box kills upper era servers
    code-zero, Skuz and Minpire like this.
  14. Minpire Augur

15. Tucoh Augur

DPG saying that there's no provable interest and merely a vocal minority supporting it while having a policy of locking threads anytime someone tries to prove support through a poll cracks me up.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Mink Journeyman

Maybe you new here, but FV server is MOST popular server ever, its not 2-3 ppl playing there.

FV server is VERY popular, also Brekt will join them soon, it will be TOP population Live server for a long time.

But if we talk about FV TLP - noone need it? are you blind?
  17. mark Augur

so along time ago day break took a poll to see if people wanted a server starting at lvl50 and tlps from original eq, a lot of live players voted for the lvl 50 server and then never played on it because they dident want people to leave the live servers.
  18. Magic Augur

Sorry friend, but our DPG team only can copy-paste, nothing new we will see till next year or two.

Them never read this forum, or read only things about overseer or some urgent ornamentation bug, them still think noone want free trade TLP.

Noone know why FV server so popular, must be because language restriction.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Its not like anyone can create nearly unlimited free accounts to post on the forums to show support or opposition for an idea.
    Machen and Skuz like this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What?

AoC up to PoP simply allow a section of players to access content that was already farmed & is currently on a respawn timer, it is less resource intensive that a zone Pick as the RAM used is far more easily recovered from AoC instances than it is for zone Picks & it is only going to be necessary for a "Progression Guild" up until they hit Plane of Time, after that almost all of the raid content is pretty much instanced (a few keying mobs in PoR maybe being the exception).

Sure you would have people revisiting old content to farm it that they were not able to previously due to the high pop & many of those old targets being perma-camped, killed on respawn etc. but that improves the QoL for all those who aren't religiously camping them to monoplise the loots from them, that's a win/win in my book.

Ever heard of a server-Queue? There's potential for Aradune being heavily over-saturated & this has happened previously so there is history of this exact thing happening, too big a Queue, an over-spill server gets made & may or may not be merged back into the original later on as server populations decline, that's why it would need the exact same rule set as Aradune - because that ruleset was the popular one creating that issue to begin with, creating an over-spill for Aradune with a different ruleset is an absolutely nonsensical & illogical suggestion.

It wouldn't be Free-Trade so the rest of this post is completely irrelevant.